Valet Set

Evening Gents

I came about this set a few weeks ago and know nothing about it.
I think it's an early razor as the blade requires no cut outs.
The soap and brush holders look like silver/plated but there are no stamps on them.
Any one know any more about it?

Cheers
Martin

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1393530765.366269.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1393530765.366269.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 49
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1393530897.138709.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1393530897.138709.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 53
Thanks for the reply gents,

I presume it's the original brush, it fits nicely in the holder and it looks as if it's about the era!
The blade holders are both intact, and the operation smooth and feels tight, ( I don't know if they loosen with age?).
As for the holders I'm 99% sure they are silver or silver plated at least, as the tarnishing certainly looks that of silver. Also when you look inside the top of the holder it is still very bright!
I have received a box of ten original valet blades, unopened, with a view of using them, but now I feel I don't want to ruin them....wrong???

Cheers again
Mart

It's your call Mart, personally I'd very, very carefully open them take one out and give it a try but hey that's me...they are never gonna be a retirement fund but it's up to you...I find the blued steel Valet blades when stropped well do in fact shave perfectly fine especially in my VC3, not as impressed with the other Valet blades though....currently up to 30+ shaves out of an original blued steel Valet blade that was unopened and unused.

That's a fair point! I'll break them open, I'm just being a tart with them!! Are there any other blades that fit without modification

Done it!!...I opened the pack...I'll see how it shaves and if not that bothered about it I may sell it. It's a lovely set but if I'm not using it someone else may as well benefit. We'll see tomorrow morning!!

Back
Top Bottom