Vacancy - Manager Man Utd.

Not a big football fan, but it'll take someone with big kahoona's to step into his footsteps.I liked Ferguson's character and I imagine he will be missed( until next manager starts winning trophies)
I reckon Jose M will get it but my outside punt is Phil Parkinson of BCFC!

Jose Mourinho has to be in it, he's not that well liked in Spain and has expressed an interest to go back to England, but Chelsea may want him back too. I have always seen David Moyes as an excellent replacement for Fergie, what he has done with Everton with very limited resources is outstanding.

That's one position that's impossible to fill, how on earth do you replace the greatest football manager ever? And I'm no football fan, the team as totally dominated English football since the beginning of the premier league, whoever they are good luck you are going to need it, Ferguson is an impossible act to follow.

Jamie

Mourinho may be a bit of a colourful character for Man U and would he stay the course, as he has a habit of moving on? I would have thought they would want to continue with a stable appointment. Maybe Moyes being shadowed by Ferguson for a couple of years to get in the swing of it. Would Mourinho like Fergie having input?

However, fair play to Fergie for all he has achieved. I'm no lover of Man U but undoubedtly admire what he has done.

Sm304 said:
I have always seen David Moyes as an excellent replacement for Fergie, what he has done with Everton with very limited resources is outstanding.

Good shout on Moyes - he derves the opportunity to see what he can do with a decent transfer budget. On the other hand, the convoluted thinking in football may be that his lack of experience with big money names will count against him.

Whoever gets the job, it would be totally unfair and unrealsitic to have Ferguson around in any capacity involved with the team - I can't see that happening. MUFC may well decide to keep him in some honorary role- but whoever takes the role should insist on a contract clause that gives him the right to shoot Ferguson on sight if seen anywher near the training ground.

UKRob said:
Sm304 said:
I have always seen David Moyes as an excellent replacement for Fergie, what he has done with Everton with very limited resources is outstanding.

Good shout on Moyes - he derves the opportunity to see what he can do with a decent transfer budget. On the other hand, the convoluted thinking in football may be that his lack of experience with big money names will count against him.

Whoever gets the job, it would be totally unfair and unrealsitic to have Ferguson around in any capacity involved with the team - I can't see that happening. MUFC may well decide to keep him in some honorary role- but whoever takes the role should insist on a contract clause that gives him the right to shoot Ferguson on sight if seen anywher near the training ground.

I just can't see it being Moyes (I'm a villa fan so don't really care).

He has done ok with Everton from a consistency in the league point of view but he has won nothing in 11 years (I think but happily corrected) at the club. Anybody moving in to the Man Utd hot seat needs to be able to continue the winning culture the Ferguson time has created - otherwise they could easily end up like Liverpool, looking up with some false expectation they are still competitive, or Arsenal kidding themselves that 4th place is an achievement.

Ferguson is held in the regard he is by football fans such as myself, who really don't like him, due to his ability to continually create new teams and maintain a competitive and winning edge. That earns respect.

I quite like Moyes but he just doesn't seem a good fit when you see the size of Man Utd, financially and within football itself. Someone with a good track record will be required.

It'll be interesting though to see who gets it.

Even Phil Parkinson at BCFC has been to more Wembley finals (ahem, cough, cough)

Northam Saint said:
Redknapp LOL !!!!

You may jest but look who's been spotted at OT :icon_razz:

329d98e1e22cb5ab6dee75a785c99a92_zps18e1ca58.jpg

An utter drunken buffoon who has probably done the sport more harm than good over the last few years with his outrageous and unacceptable behaviour.

"Bell End" doesn't even come close.

He's not a 'character' and they're not very big boots to fill in my opinion, although the press will have everyone believing that until he snuffs it.

joe mcclaine said:
An utter drunken buffoon who has probably done the sport more harm than good over the last few years with his outrageous and unacceptable behaviour.

"Bell End" doesn't even come close.

He's not a 'character' and they're not very big boots to fill in my opinion, although the press will have everyone believing that until he snuffs it.

I think your a closet fan..

Back
Top Bottom