Using "The Force" to shave (The eyes are not your only senses)

Does anybody else drift off whilst shaving and find themselves using "The Force " to guide them through the shave instead of looking in the mirror?

I do this particularly around the kisser and under my nose. I shut my eyes at times. I find that "dropping the visor" as Mr Skywalker did, helps me really focus in on what i am doing.

The body is amazing. Sight is not necessarily the best sense all of the time!.

*soz for the star wars quotes :) *

Definately with the Feather Artist Club, wrestling with the angle and how to hold it, only 3 shaves in, at certain points I cannot see what Im cutting, the force has been with me so far, no damage!

The body is amazing. Sight is not necessarily the best sense all of the time!.
Without your eyes you will have trouble maintaining razor angle, especially around the chin. I need to concentrate all the time. The actual shaving part is a very minor part of the process. I guess it is possible to do it by feel.

It depends upon the razor. Razors like the R89, and 39C I can let the "force" guide me and not worry about bloody consequences; other razors require concentration and attention to detail. I wouldn't try it with any of the SS razors I've had; they're like slow-dancing with a corpse. Hate 'em.

I know when using a straight razor, I use "feel" more than sight. If not looking intently at what I'm doing the other sense take over and I "feel" what I'm doing more. Bit weird, but it works for me!

Back
Top Bottom