Using a cream tub

Ids

Just got 2 tubs of TOBS, avocado (horrible) and jermyn st (very nice), my question is though, do i scoop out the cream into a cup or dip in the brush like soap?

Thanks

Either really. If bowl lathering, it might be easier to scoop out into the bowl, so you can use a consistent amount each time and get use to how it lathers, how much water etc. If face lathering, just twirl the brush tips in the cream and go from there.

Here's another way of using creams:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://fidosshavingblog.blogspot.com/2009/10/spatchula.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fidosshavingblog.blogspot.com/20 ... chula.html</a><!-- m -->

I dip the brush tips in my pots. That how Trumpers showed me the "best way" to do it. Doesn't work with cream from a tube. I tried to smear on my face and didn't get a good lather at all.

Magnum ice cream stick, 3 coats of varnish = nice sized scoop for creams to smear into centre of brush then bowl or face lather to your faces content. The best part is if you need another one.....................mmmmm :lol:

hunnymonster said:
Your call... there is a third way though... finger in, smear it around your wet face and then face lather.

That's what I do too. Any excess cream on your finger can be cleaned off with the brush.

Thanks for all the responses!

It was the scent of the avocado, it completely turned my stomach! :(

As I hadn't used it I decided to return it to Badger and Hone who will be replacing it with Eton College.

Eton College has been the most commented on and liked by ALL my mates' wives & girlfriends. Mostly they ask who's wearing the fragrance they keep getting just a trace of, finish up comfortably close sniffing @ me. It really is a classic, understated kinda elegant scent & I'm guessing that the cream will lead to the cologne which may well lead to all kind of exotic adventures .............!

Erm, applying the cream was the original thread wasn't it ; I just used to swirl the brush lightly around the tub when I used creams.

JohnnyO. :?

My general rule for cream is that you can never really use too much.

Tubes get squeezed into a mug and tubs either get a bit spooned out or onto brush then onto face.

If you use too much cream it's fine, you add more water. If you use too little...... ouch.

Back
Top Bottom