US made Eveready military?

I bought this recently, any ideas as to it's age? it appears unused and to be nickel plated. it looks military to me?
240zkzo.jpg

e9eo80.jpg

4g6v5z.jpg

28qysu8.jpg

e6ya1x.jpg

It's quite heavy more so then other Eveready's I have

I was going to ask what was in the little box :D

I weighed all mine and found in real term, practically no difference in weight ... one second ... here's a spin from another forum where I was comparing weights:

"Chain Link"

Ever Ready British Made/Made in England - 62g (40g Handle 22g Head)
Ever Ready Made in USA/Blank Back - 62g (40g Handle 22g Head)
GEM Brooklyn New York Made in USA/GEM (Gold) - 70g! (48g Handle 22g Head)

... other comparisons:

Ever Ready British Made/Made in England - 62g (40g Chain Mail Handle 22g Head)
GEM Brooklyn New York Made in USA/GEM Junior - 60g (38g Notched Edge Handle 22g Head)
Ever Ready British Made/Made in England (Bathroom Set) - 36g (14g Streamline-style Handle 22g Head)
Ever Ready British Made/Made in England - 36g (14g Aluminium Hangle 22g Head)
Ever Ready Brooklyn New York Made in USA/Ever Ready (Curved Cap) - 56g (34g Short Ribbed Handle 22g Head)
GEM Brooklyn New York Made in USA/GEM (Curved Cap New De Luxe) - 62g (38g Short Lined Handle 24g Head)

Read more: http://theoriginalsafetytoo.proboards.com/thread/1362/british-er-1912-ornate-handle#ixzz33npHDHdv

Can you weigh yours?

To my mind, this is a simple traveller set. Consulting Waits and from what I know about the age of the styles of handle, I'm going to put this late '20s. This set was released as part of the famous 1925 catalogue.

The spartan packaging is most likely simply that the felt interior has been removed - I think you can see the marks where it has been pulled away. The blank back is interesting - I've only seen that on British ones.

No great mystery, just a cleaned up case, all the tatty fabric removed and a very nice razor contained therein. It's a lovely set. I trust you're going to shave with it?

I have one very similar but it has the short chain link handle.

lZGenrc.jpg

I too thought it was military to begin with but since then the military sets I have seen come in folding canvas packs.

Back
Top Bottom