Unemployment beckons...

Adam D said:
Professor Blighty said:
The moment you lose your employment you should claim JSA immediately, even if you're not entitled to it, because it will still pay your NI Stamp at the least, otherwise when it comes to claim your pension there will be a break in your contributions.

Thanks Prof!

I am hoping that I will not be unemployed for too long as I have found out this morning that I have an interview next week!

Hopefully it will be the first of a few and then I can choose what I want to do next rather than be foreced into something that does not tick all of my boxes.

Best of luck!

Good luck to everyone

I put in my first ever jobseekers claim a few months ago after redundancy and found it a little tougher than expected to get a new job. One thing that really pissed me off was giving hours of time and getting nothing back. Filling in a online form, a half hour phone interview followed by a three hour interview process at the company - we'll let you know by next week. A month on and they just stop responding, a simple 'no' would have been fine. That's not just one job and I've heard similar stories from other.

On the plus side I've just accepted an offer for a good job today when I was starting to think about applying for temp work over christmas.

The advice of Curtis has paid off, eventually, for me:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-l91O9VxN0[/youtube]

It's also worth mentioning that the people at the jobcentre couldn't have been any nicer, perhaps their jobs are a little more pleasant when dealing with more & more hard working people genuinely trying to seek employment.

Jut saw my boss quickly, it's now definite I'm out on the 1st of Jan, I think it pisses him off more than me.
Since he's well connected, and if Mexico doesn't work out, he'll find me another job.

So, not really worried, just sad to leave my colleagues & patients, we built this unit over the past two years. (from scratch)
We're a v. close knit group. (usually the more difficult the unit, the better the group cohesion, see A&E or ICU wards)

It'll be a sad day when I leave... :(

Max

Coming from USA California..one of the WORST states to be hit by the recession..I do work for my old man (my dad)..doing all his IT work 5x a week and getting a simple check (thank you money)..my wife had a job interview at a big fancy restaurant..we will see where that will go..not to mention we have a 2yr old daughter to feed..that doesnt end til they are 18!..lol

Been a little down lately and it's hard to think the opposite
Blades

Attachments

• images.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 34
Totally agree, you should sign on asap; I've met too many people in the possession court who didn't think they would be out of work for long. Dipesh, there is no pride issue - National Insurance is just that - an insurance scheme. You've paid your premiums, so why wouldn't you put in a claim. As others have said, you can't back date it....unless you have a really good reason like 'I have learning difficulties and have also been in a coma'. So get your claim in. And if the person behind the counter talks to you as if they were paying you out of their own pocket, remind them that you've already paid for this........and they could be on the other side of the glass soon enough.

I felt a little better about it when they said as I had never claimed before and had been working I was entilted to 6 months 'contribution based jobseekers allowance'. Doesn't really make much difference in the grand scheme of things but claiming contribution based allowance for a while made me feel a little better, like having a steward or contributer badge when signing on :D

Taking money for nothing makes you feel like a peice of s**t. But if you;ve paid your premiums, then you're not taking money for nothing, any more than if your house got burgled and you put in a claim.

soapalchemist said:
Totally agree, you should sign on asap; I've met too many people in the possession court who didn't think they would be out of work for long. Dipesh, there is no pride issue - National Insurance is just that - an insurance scheme. You've paid your premiums, so why wouldn't you put in a claim. As others have said, you can't back date it....unless you have a really good reason like 'I have learning difficulties and have also been in a coma'. So get your claim in. And if the person behind the counter talks to you as if they were paying you out of their own pocket, remind them that you've already paid for this........and they could be on the other side of the glass soon enough.

Thanks Soapalchemist, I think I shall get the ball rolling Monday..

Back
Top Bottom