Underappreciated soaps

Vie - Long shave stick. Soapy scent, dense protective lather, slick performance. Always got one in my ' pick up toilet bag ' for unexpected overnight visits / stays to friends, relatives, hospitals etc.

JohnnyO. o/

Vie - Long shave stick. Soapy scent, dense protective lather, slick performance. Always got one in my ' pick up toilet bag ' for unexpected overnight visits / stays to friends, relatives, hospitals etc.

JohnnyO. o/

Was there ever a consenus on who makes the Vie-Long stick? Is it the Lea simply scented differently? :confused:

Got no idea Bogester, I can only say I've got two LEA sticks which smell and perform differently ( though I've now lost track of LEA reformulations ) however the Vie - Long stick I've got smells soapier, performs better and has different dimensions to either of the LEAs. I wouldn't know uf they come from the same factory or not, however the three are different from each other.

JohnnyO. o/

I'm really enjoying using the Semogue soap - I have the sandalwood one. It doesn't seem to get mentioned much on here but I find the lather to be brilliant - almost creamy (I'm not good at describing these things!).
The scent is more sweet than woody so perhaps that may put some people off. I quite like it!

I'm really enjoying using the Semogue soap - I have the sandalwood one. It doesn't seem to get mentioned much on here but I find the lather to be brilliant - almost creamy (I'm not good at describing these things!).
The scent is more sweet than woody so perhaps that may put some people off. I quite like it!

Massive +1 to this!

I have the Semogue Lavender and its a great soap; easy to lather, very protective, good slickness and top notch post-shave feel. The lavender scent reminds me a bit of MdC; herbal and woody.

(I suspect the soap would get more love if it was £5-10 cheaper)

Reactions: RCH
Massive +1 to this!

I have the Semogue Lavender and its a great soap; easy to lather, very protective, good slickness and top notch post-shave feel. The lavender scent reminds me a bit of MdC; herbal and woody.

(I suspect the soap would get more love if it was £5-10 cheaper)
Agreed, it is on the expensive side but it's also quite a big pick at 150g - hopefully it's going to last for a while.

I've always been a bit hesitant to try Lavendar soaps in case they're flowery but you may just have tempted me!

I'd say LPL is well-regarded, as are Soap Commander, Reef Point (if mentioned less often) and Sir Hare (though the only one I'd tried didn't do much for me).

Many of those are US artisans so perhaps aren't talked about as much because of availability issues.

Wickham certainly deserves a mention (not tried 1912 yet 1912 is great stuff and the old SS was top notch). As do the UK's other artisans (and no doubt other countries). Though most get plenty of love on here.
Not tried 1912? Pm me good sir and il send you a sample

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom