Unable to access

That sounds like a good idea, Rob. Get another account and see how you fair there. If all is well, ask Admin to migrate your post count and such. Become RobUK and we'll all know it's still you!

I did exactly that Carl - actually before you suggested it - using my wife's email and a slightly modified user name. Now, let's see if it makes a difference - if so, then it suggests a problem with my old account.

Well, it seems as if my issues have been resolved - although I don't know how, so I'm back using my regular profile. If someone in admin has fixed this then thanks.

What ISP are you with Rob? It could be something related, as we've been having some issues with DNS routing for certain sites using our home ISP (Virgin Media).

Clearing DNS cache and releasing the IP often helps. I don't suppose you'd happen to know if your router was rebooted or if your broadcast IP has changed at all?

Nick - the problem I experienced was the same whether accessing from my work computer or from home on my iPad. From home I'm on BT - no problems with access to other forums so it appears to have been just this one. I proved it to my own satisfaction in that I created a second account UKRob2 and had no problems at all - even though I couldn't use UKRob.

As of this morning everything seems fine.

Back
Top Bottom