Uk Shaving Shops

Captain Fawcetts?

Don't know much about this place, seems to be a barbershop museum and emporium and I think its got a gift shop too

Only remember hearing about this place through the bearded community

Could imagine most hobbyists would love this place by the sounds of it

f24149c86eb941845c407d36ffed7afe_1024.jpg

Highly recommend The Gentleman’s Groom Room in Dundee. I’m maybe a wee bit biased because it’s where I’m from, but Ian, @Ian T who owns and runs the shop is an absolute gent and his knowledge of all things wetshaving and also of scents is just brilliant. Honestly, its great to just while away the time browsing and chatting all things wet shaving. I’ve not been in for a while now but plan to get back in for a wee visit soon.

The London shops are excellent too, the history you feel when you’re in them when you walk in the door is great.

I know this has probably been exhausted in the past but me being a relative newbie i’m always looking for visiting a shop when i’m away for a weekend.

As far as i’m aware there’s only one shaving shop in Scotland which is the Gentleman’s Groom Room Dundee.

Also i know
Geo F Trumper London
Truefitt & Hill London &
Tobs London.
Other than that i’m stuck
I always thought there would be one in your neck of the woods Mike, given the size of Edinburgh.

I always thought there would be one in your neck of the woods Mike, given the size of Edinburgh.
Kevy iv been to Ian’s on a few occasions and yes it’s a great place for a browse.
Reminds me of my youth when we would spend hours in record shops on a sunday.

As far as i’m aware there’s nothing in Edinburgh,
Weird really considering there size, however i guess there’s nothing in Glasgow either and that’s a whole lot bigger.
It’s Takes good old dundee to hold the fort

I’ve contacted them a couple of times asking about visiting their place and maybe do a wee bit of filming for YouTube but they never did get back to me. I think It might be because I’m from Dundee. I suspect they have a lot of valuable stuff in their castle :ROFLMAO:
That actually gets on my nerves hearing things like that.
A little Curtesy goes a long way,
especially the fact your trying to promote their product.
In The grand scale of things Kevy i’m sure you’ll have more gear than them :ROFLMAO:

That actually gets on my nerves hearing things like that.
A little Curtesy goes a long way,
especially the fact your trying to promote their product.
In The grand scale of things Kevy i’m sure you’ll have more gear than them :ROFLMAO:
Funny that I messaged them to find out if they had a shop to visit if I was up that way and never got a reply

Penhaligons have shops all over, they are in a good few Outlet parks and we have a physical store in the York Designer Outlet and here in my home City of Leeds. Great shop, expensive but good.

Back
Top Bottom