Twitter

Boab

Administrator
Staff Member
LeJog 2022 Finisher
right who tweets? does it make you a twit or just a plain twat? :D

Anyway I have started a TSR twitter page to try get some traffic this way, so if you are on there then start following.Facebook fan page coming :lol:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://twitter.com/theshavingroom" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://twitter.com/theshavingroom</a><!-- m -->

The bit I don't get is what the @ symbol is used for. When I look at Twitter pages they are all over the place. None of the 'conversations' make sense like they do on Facebook. Is it like having a Wall? :?

I twittered for about a week, and then during a moment of clarity thought "WTF am I doing" and packed it in as it was just another time wasting device.

Ian

And now there's Google Buzz to confuse us all even further!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Perhaps we should all exchange addresses and write to each other with pen and paper?

IanM said:
I twittered for about a week, and then during a moment of clarity thought "WTF am I doing" and packed it in as it was just another time wasting device.

Ian

Me too. At it's best it's another way of getting news. If I'm away I'll occasionally check my local news station to see what the headlines are.
I think it has a limited shelf life, but I will follow anyway.

Facebook would be a good way to spread the word.

I've tried to help Increase site traffic with on a Smoking Cessation support forum that I moderate. Shameless plug

-Clearly inviting people from elsewhere works very well and is probably the most effective route but not generally liked by the place you poach them from :oops:

-Search engine rankings are helped a lot by putting the forum URL in your signature and homepage setting on other busier forums, as the web crawlers/spiders/bots pick them up. Basically getting the URL in as many places as possible, which is why so many spammers just sign up to a forum and place links in their signatures.

-FB and twitter it brought a lot of guests but very few registrations, but I guess you wouldn't get 1 without the other.

Pig Cat said:
And now there's Google Buzz to confuse us all even further!!

Its social networking is it? I thought they'd launched a vibrator (I could have put that better couldn't I?)

Back
Top Bottom