TSR / Simpson raffle prize

Here's what was in the box I mentioned yesterday: it's the TSR Simpson raffle prize brush made by Beejay :)

The knot is a 24mm Simpson super, the acrylic was also supplied by Simpson:

TSRSimpsonknots.jpg

(pic by Bill Jack)

The handle is along the lines of an Acca Kappa:

TSRSimpsonbeforeuse.jpg

Here's one of those aerial views which some of you like:

TSRSimpsonfromabove.jpg

And the base:

TSRSimpsonbase.jpg

And here it is after the first lathering:

TSRSimpsonafter1stuse.jpg

I haven't used it anger yet, but all the signs are that the brush will be excellent. Loft was set at around 48mm, so it's quite soft but still bouncy, and the hair seems to hold a lot of water, and lather. I'll report back in a SOTD post later.

Many thanks to Bill and Mark for this: the brush is quite beautiful; destined to be my favourite without doubt and will enjoy pride of place in the bathroom cabinet.

antdad said:
Nice propprtions, did Simpson use glue to bind the knot as well? Can't tell.

Hi Tony,
The outer hair is set into the plug but doesn't have any top coat of adhesive.
Its quite secure, but I always top coat Simpson knots and leave to cure for 48 hours before setting them into the handle.

Shavemac knots are different however: They have two sets of string ties and are topcoated. I suspect some automated assistance as the finished knot looks incredibly precise?

[attachment=4171]

Both excellent knots of course but a Simpsons knot has that certain 'something' about it.
Hope that helps.
regards, beejay

Attachments

• Copy of P1030455.JPG
    Copy of P1030455.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 30
Thanks everyone - I'm glad that the handle shape seems to meet with general approval because that's where I did have some input. Last night's lathering went well enough but I'm going to have to practice because it's much greedier than my other brushes.

Back
Top Bottom