Truefitt & Hill No.10 Shaving Cream

Hi gents,

I received my order of this from Creightons yesterday, and had my first use of it today.

There's something distinctly similar with Body Shop Maca Root cream about it. It looks the same on opening, and first whiff of it made me instantly think of this.

It's not exactly the same scent of course, but there's certainly something the same going on with it.

Does anyone else think it's similar to the Maca Root? I'm no expert on scents mind, but to me it does have a bit of that 'odd' scent to it.

Be interesting to hear your opinion. It's an excellent cream I must say!

Thanks,

Alex

SmallBeard said:
Hi gents,

I received my order of this from Creightons yesterday, and had my first use of it today.

There's something distinctly similar with Body Shop Maca Root cream about it. It looks the same on opening, and first whiff of it made me instantly think of this.

It's not exactly the same scent of course, but there's certainly something the same going on with it.

Does anyone else think it's similar to the Maca Root? I'm no expert on scents mind, but to me it does have a bit of that 'odd' scent to it.

Be interesting to hear your opinion. It's an excellent cream I must say!

Thanks,

Alex

Never used Maca Root so can't comment on it, but I do agree with you regarding T&H No 10, superb cream

That does seem very likely. It's probably almost certain that that's the explanation. I won't knock it, as I think the Maca Root doesn't smell awful, just strange. A lot of people knock it though, and I wonder if they have the same opinion of the No.10.

Both are top class performers, and creams which I'll certainly be using a lot more now.

Hopefully, I won't add any more soaps/creams to the collection. These big tubs will take forever to get through, especially as you don't need a lot of product for a lot of lather.

Creightons do make both, and yes I've long held the view that they're really similar scents, they both put me in mind of earth and tree bark. The No.10 isn't really a Truefitt and Hill fragrance to my mind, hence why despite the much lower "entry level" price I've never renewed. In fact I think I gave my pot away.

both great performers IMO but i have to say i favour the Mac, it seems creamier and I really like the smell. Also i was hugely disappointed with the scent of T&H pre shave oil.

SmallBeard said:

Any chance of comparing the ingredients? The reason I ask is because I used the TBS Maca Root cream almost exclusively for a month earlier in the year and developed a sensitivity to it, so while I'd like to try the T&H No. 10, I'm a bit wary if they might be similar formulations.

Ta muchly,

Jim

[attachment=8411][attachment=8412]

There you go Jim.

Body Shop is the first, T&H second.

Alex

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377850452.452725.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377850452.452725.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 54
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377850468.246857.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377850468.246857.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 49
Picking up on an old thread but as an old hand with Macca Root who's just tried No 10 for the first time I was interested to read this thread. The tubs the creams come in are identical (apart from colour) which was my first clue hat they might both be from same manufacturer. I find scents are similar in a way, both woody, mossy kind of scents, though distinct enough to be different and I find the no10. to be stronger and it lasts through the shave which I don't get with the Macca. And I find I need less of the no10. Both fine creams but I think no10 has taken over for me due to it's longevitiy and stronger and I think nicer smell.

Rascally said:
Picking up on an old thread but as an old hand with Macca Root who's just tried No 10 for the first time I was interested to read this thread. The tubs the creams come in are identical (apart from colour) which was my first clue hat they might both be from same manufacturer. I find scents are similar in a way, both woody, mossy kind of scents, though distinct enough to be different and I find the no10. to be stronger and it lasts through the shave which I don't get with the Macca. And I find I need less of the no10. Both fine creams but I think no10 has taken over for me due to it's longevitiy and stronger and I think nicer smell.

I must say, when I posted this and first smelt the No.10 I hadn't used the Maca Root in a while. I sniffed both side by side the other day and could tell there is quite a difference, but I can still get the slight hint of Maca Root from No.10. The first time I smelt it I thought it was much stronger, but revisiting both has made me reconsider that view.

From my limited experience with both I think they both lather just as well as each other, excellently, and I'm a fan of both scents. I can't really pick between them. I'm one of the what appears to be a minority, who likes Maca Root, I've just bought some tabac too...

Back
Top Bottom