Truefitt and Hill West Indian Limes

My first review here, and it's on a Truefitt and Hill cream... much has already been written about T+H creams so I won't dwell too much on the shaving properties as many of you have probably tried another "flavour" and will be familiar.

I'm a hard soap user normally, so I'm always surprised at how easily this line of creams lathers up. One little peanut sized blob worked up a treat in my bowl and produced plenty of lather for 2 passes, maybe 3 at a push. The lather itself feels luxurious and covered well, better than the T+H hard soap. It shaves as well as any other T+H cream... I've tried the Almond cream very recently and this was identical performance wise.

This particular "flavour" hasn't been mentioned here before, so what does it smell like? Well the smell is pretty much what you imagine. Invigorating with a fresh and zesty character. Although lime is the dominant smell there are other citrus oils here, lemon and orange notes are noticeable. So it's definitely a morning scent, but with a bit of sophistication at the same time... there is a hint of Earl Grey tea from the Bergamot, and it pairs up very well with the AS balm from the West Indian Limes range. My wife approved of the smell very much and kept coming back for a sniff all evening.

It's an expensive cream of course, (£9:50 direct from T+H) but it's a quality product and the tube should last ages, so there is decent value for money.

I've had this cream twice now. Each time I just fail to bond with it in any major way.

Ive never really enjoyed the shaves it gives me. I find that its harder to get a really thick lather out of it than other creams I use and typically my face is left feeling a little raw after using it. I'm not even 100% sold on the smell.

I keep it around incase I ever "feel" like using it. But for me, it doesnt create shaves anywhere near as good as my TOBS Jermyn cream.

Interesting Shrink, is it just this flavour or is it any T+H cream?

I just shaved with this again today (4th time) and had 2 little skips on the 2nd pass which surprised me, and yet I honestly have no idea what would cause that as I'm still trying combinations. Might be the blade, might be the cream, dunno. I've had no issues getting a good lather though so far.

My wife still loves the smell, but admittedly I think there are nicer smells in the T+H range... ultimate comfort is my pick of the fresher morning ones.

your blade skipped a little usually due to how you hold the razor...<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://wet-shavers.com/how-to-hold-a-double-edge-de-razor/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://wet-shavers.com/how-to-hold-a-do ... -de-razor/</a><!-- m -->

B

CanucksTraveller said:
Interesting Shrink, is it just this flavour or is it any T+H cream?

I just shaved with this again today (4th time) and had 2 little skips on the 2nd pass which surprised me, and yet I honestly have no idea what would cause that as I'm still trying combinations. Might be the blade, might be the cream, dunno. I've had no issues getting a good lather though so far.

My wife still loves the smell, but admittedly I think there are nicer smells in the T+H range... ultimate comfort is my pick of the fresher morning ones.

Recently had one pifed to me by a very kind member,this cream perfoms really well when face lathered,small amount is enough to produce enough lather for at least 3 passes,certainly being T&H it's not cheap neither does it feel cheap! but really worth a try if you're into this scent.

i've not yet tried other T&H creams as i find them expensive compared to the TOBS creams that ive become used to. Its hard to justify £15 on a whim.

I'd like to try their ultimate comfort, or possibly some trafalgar. But in no mega hurry to do so based on the performance of the WI Limes. I'll stick to my TOBS creams :)

Back
Top Bottom