Treet Single Edge Razor

Got my beady eye on this

Is it any good, anyone tried one?

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/183554023/nos-treet-safety-razor-in-original-box?ref=sr_gallery_6&ga_search_query=nos+razor&ga_ship_to=GB&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

Treet and Gem blades come from the same stable so I assume this is very similar to the Gem Junior - if it is then they shave very nicely - just like the Ever Ready 1912. I would guess it's rarer than the Gem - but the price and postage combined are more than you could buy the Gem Junior for.

Yeah, 1912 head, fat handle that we first saw with the GEM Junior (1930 on) on the 'Parade' model. Star also came into being in 1930, Treet much later. 1950s? NorfolkDick would probably know. What I do know is Treet merged with ASR (GEM/Ever Ready) in 1948, so this will be late '40s or into the '50s.

Greetings

That Treet Se is the same as the GEM Junior except that the teeth on the front of the Safety bar/quasi comb are slightly different. Also the handle was made in Olive green and maroon whereas the GEM was only made in black also the Treet has a plug fitted in the base of the hollow handle whilst the GEM does not. All of these differences can fairly be called cosmetic

I do not own a Treet SE, they are less common then the GEM's but I have read on T.O.S.T. forum that they shave exactly the same ie very good.

Although these Baton handles look pretty weird (some would say bloody ridiculous) they are really superb to hold and shave with.

Regards
Dick.

Wouldn't you think its worth the extra few quid as its new/unused?

I am looking around for a few bits of old new stock at the moment with every intention of using them though, lol.

If you guys think its a rip though I weren't bother.

Something's only worth what is paid for it. It's not that expensive for something that is rare and will outlive you probably! I had a nice Thai meal last night cost £45 - pleasant tastes, good company and forgotten by Saturday!

You pays your money you takes your chance.

I've just looked at EBay - there are quite a few Gem Junior available at around £20 including shipping from the US. Now you decide whether the price difference is worth paying for a different name. Once you use it, it's no longer NOS.

That model Treet is on my "wish list" ...

You'll have seen that I have way more razors than I need, but I am twitchy with the "buy" button :D

I've been good ... I've left it alone. I'll give you 'til Sunday evening to decide, then it's mine, unless someone else jumps on it.

pjgh said:
That model Treet is on my "wish list" ...

You'll have seen that I have way more razors than I need, but I am twitchy with the "buy" button :D

I've been good ... I've left it alone. I'll give you 'til Sunday evening to decide, then it's mine, unless someone else jumps on it.

All yours buddy.

Had a good think but decided to go for 3 other SE razors instead so cant justify this one.

Thanks for giving the thinking time though

Back
Top Bottom