Treet DE Blades - Any Treet Fans?

D

Deleted member 12673

hello people so never tried a treet de blade but will try one out the sampler pack i got,
i am a bit confused tbh with the amount of treet blades out there,
so i was wondering how many differe treet de blades are there and what are their called exactly?

the ones i've seen online are the treet platinums, treet new steel and treet dura sharp,
the prices for these treet blades are amazing, i mean ive seen 1000 treet platinums for like £24 delivered,

my question is are these treet blades any good?
i mean how do they compare sharpness and smoothness wise to other blades?

Hello there...
DE blades are one of the most subjective parts to traditional wet shaving.....YMMV is more true for razor blades than any other element. Read enough reviews and you'll see 10 will brand X is the sharpest and 4 will say it's the dullest; 6 will say it's gentle and smooth, while 5 will say it's the worst blade ever. I actually like Treet blades I would compare them to an Astra SP with half the longevity....My personal favourite are the 'Treet 7days Platinum. I don't push a blade to the max. 2-4 shaves max is my method, with the exception of few brands.. My mature skin type really likes Indian made blade, but what works for me, could be the opposite for your good self. My advice to you is to find one blade that works well and then just shave without any more experimenting.. 90% of traditional wet shaving is all about learning your technique & gaining shaving confidence...However a good solid razor, preparation ,a sharp blade helps multitude...'A bad worker always blame's his tools. Be wary of RAD. This is advice from an addict who has acquired a stock pile of different DE blades to last two life times and more.
Enjoy your shaves. Regards-Barry.

Last edited:
Hello there...
DE blades are one of the most subjective parts to traditional wet shaving.....YMMV is more true for razor blades than any other element. Read enough reviews and you'll see 10 will brand X is the sharpest and 4 will say it's the dullest; 6 will say it's gentle and smooth, while 5 will say it's the worst blade ever. I actually like Treet blades I would compare them to an Astra SP with half the longevity....My personal favourite are the 'Treet 7days Platinum. I don't push a blade to the max. 2-4 shaves max is my method, with the exception of few brands.. My mature skin type really likes Indian made blade, but what works for me, could be the opposite for your good self. My advice to you is to find one blade that works well and then just shave without any more experimenting.. 90% of traditional wet shaving is all about learning your technique & gaining shaving confidence...However a good solid razor, preparation ,a sharp blade helps multitude...'A bad worker always blame's his tools. Be wary of RAD. This is advice from an addict who has acquired a stock pile of different DE blades to last two life times and more.
I'd also add on top - that the blade can change their character a bit depending on the razor. I'm assuming the technique when using particular razor can come into play here too (I found that out with personna platinum - can't stand them in blackbird, however in rockwell 6s they're an enjoyable blade)

Hello there...
yea i hear ya mate everyone experiences are different but i find it really interesting how one brand of de blade can have so many opinions, i dont think i've ever heard anything like that with cartridge razors

I have to admit to a weakness for Treet Platinum. For me they are sharp and very smooth. I recently passed a pack of ten onto a friend and he also commented on how good they were for him. They are cheap as chips ( I picked up a tower of 100 for £6.99) so worth a punt.

yea very cheap

im really looking forward to trying out treet blades as ive tried out indian super max but never any de blades from pakistan

Treet Platinum is my favourite blade. You can get these pre-halved (in packs of 100 for like £4) if you have a Leaf/Twig kind of razor.

The 7 Days Platinum is another excellent blade from Treet, sharper than the regular platinum. I also really like their DuraSharp (in the yellow pack, not the blue pack) which is a carbon steel blade and gives a completely different feel to stainless steel.

Sometimes I use Treet Black Beauties, a carbon blade.... I find it a very smooth blade when used in my Fatip lo storto slant.
Biggest advantage to me is that I can use a lot of 'buffing' without any irritation at all, and the cheap price of course.
Disadvantage: Maximum of 3 shaves with it and a bit of tugging on several days growth.
In short, for daily shaves on short stubble a very good, cheap and smooth blade.

Back
Top Bottom