Travel Brush

So, I am wanting to get a travel brush! Which ones do people recommend? I pref would like a best or super badger, as currently I have a men-u basic one that i think is a mixture. Cheers, Ed

There's the Simpson Case or Major which are available in Best, the Major is also available in Super.
The Wee Scot also makes a nice travel brush but you'll need to get a tube for it.
I think though that your budget may decide for you as the price band in this sector is pretty wide.
regards, beejay

I never understood the concept (well, I do, but...). Buy a nice brush and get a tube for it :D. Why have a puney brush for travell when a larger one doesn´t really take up more space?

I agree.

I cannot understand why I should bother with a small knotted brush because I am on the road.

I have bought the shaving shack travel tube and place in a brush I like.

So what size brush's do these carrying tubes take out of interest? Didn't realise you could get the empty tubes. Guess that if I was travelling really light, such as a trip to the inlaws on the isle of mann I could just take a brush and leave it there!

monkeytennis said:
So what size brush's do these carrying tubes take out of interest? Didn't realise you could get the empty tubes. Guess that if I was travelling really light, such as a trip to the inlaws on the isle of mann I could just take a brush and leave it there!

Or you could always pop into Simpsons while you're on the IoM and see what they have lying around ;)

I took the advice from someone on the forum, I went to Waitrose's and bought a tub of Baking powder, emptied the contents in a suitable container, remove the label from the tub, make about five holes in the lid, and Bob's your uncle you now have a travel tube, I now have two , I use one for my razor.

Mikael said:
I never understood the concept (well, I do, but...). Buy a nice brush and get a tube for it :D. Why have a puney brush for travel when a larger one doesn't really take up more space?

Exactly. Brushes are so small already, how much space are you saving?

However, a synthetic brush would dry out faster, which could be an advantage when traveling. So, if that is a goal, I highly recommend the EJ synthetic.

I bought a couple of travel brushes for my blog and have taken them away to use on recent trips. Not any more. hen I'm on holiday I enjoy my shaves even more, usually. I really missed my normal brushes. The travel brushes did their job, but are just too small for my liking. I've never had a problem just sticking a normal sized brush with my other other gear. Even if it's damp for the journey home it's hardly going to have any lasting problems.

These are my travel brushes:
http://fidosshavingblog.blogspot.com/2011/04/travel-brushes.html

Fido said:
I bought a couple of travel brushes for my blog and have taken them away to use on recent trips. Not any more. hen I'm on holiday I enjoy my shaves even more, usually. I really missed my normal brushes. The travel brushes did their job, but are just too small for my liking. I've never had a problem just sticking a normal sized brush with my other other gear. Even if it's damp for the journey home it's hardly going to have any lasting problems.

These are my travel brushes:
http://fidosshavingblog.blogspot.com/2011/04/travel-brushes.html

Which one did you like better,the Vulfix (TOBS) or the Edwin Jagger (Harris)?

Mikael said:
I never understood the concept (well, I do, but...). Buy a nice brush and get a tube for it :D. Why have a puney brush for travell when a larger one doesn´t really take up more space?

Well, yes I agree that having a travel brush with a tiny brush head makes little sense, but you CAN make sure that said travel brush has a minimalistic handle... (or actually, I can make sure that a travel brush has an appropriate handle ;-) )

Henk

You could always try this:

travelbrush007.jpg

It came free with my Muhle R41. :)

Back
Top Bottom