Top Gear Joke?

Didn't get this, but maybe someone can explain:

Jeremy Clarckson in TG yesterday said something about aftershave but he didn't use it as he wasn't from Cheshire?

I am not sure if I heard right, but what's the joke here?

Bye,

Eric

I saw that. I assume it is a reference to the high earning, low class footballer-types that stereotype the entire county. Doesn't really hold up as pretty much anyone from any area of any background wears aftershave. However, could be a distinction between 'aftershave' and eau de toilette and colognes, with aftershaves being at the cheaper end.

Nice of you to ask! Steve McClaren doesn't speak Dutch. We have some reporters here that think that if his English were translated into Dutch, it would not sound as sensible as it sounds now. You can tell he's very experienced with the press. They think that it's just some cliches. But he is doing great I think. He gives the players confidence, doesn't change the team too much and wins in Holland and Europe. FC Twente is my favourite team and I am happy with their results and Steve McClaren as coach.

The critics will soon be over I think.

most of their fans don't live that close

City? I've not yet met a Manchester City fan who wasn't from Manchester. I'm sure that might change one day (I've seen one or two camera toting tourists more recently) but at present it's still the rags whose main support are more likely to live in Dublin or Delhi.

As for the Clarkson "joke", it's just him trying to be edgy and "amusing" and failing again. I'm not sure why he has a following, he makes me cringe. He's like a bad parody of a man, he gets more like Alan Partridge by the day.

Back
Top Bottom