Top 5 Soaps

SAVON A BARBE 25% de lait frais bio d'ânesse
Cella
Wickham Super Smooth
Arko Stick
Mikes Soap Barbershop

My new hard soap, (Wickham Shave Block) should slot in here, knocking Mikes off the list.

Stuff I got from an ebay seller whose name I forget but it has peppermint and emu oil in it (magical latherer)
Trumper's Coconut
Boot's Shavebowl
Vitos Supercrema
Cella

I used to like ARKO but she bit me one day and I've hated her since, the stinky lemon toilet cake bitch! Palmolive is a great performer but dries my skin out too much and I'm less than enthusiastic about the scent. MWF I used to love - great, abundant lather with lots of cushion and glide plus a comforting, homely scent but I seem to have developed a little intolerance to tallow based soaps although I can't be certain of this as I don't recall any problems with the bottom two in my list which, if I remember rightly, are tallow based.

Worst ever was the Erasmic stick which was like trying to lather stone. Honestly, I got a better lather from plain old, Sainsbury's pure soap. The Vulfix soap cakes with that strange chemically sort of lavender and wood smell are pretty shite too. I had great hopes for Droyt Shaving Soap but it turned out merely to be a good bath/shower soap with a nice, manly cologne scent but a poor shaving performer.

Read good things about DR Harris and Tabac but Tabac is oot 'cos flooers and fag ash with a background hint of Pledge doesn't do it for me olfactory wise. Klar Kabinett has a lovely scent but I didn't get on with lathering it although I do seem to be the exception here.

I'd try Mr Fox's wares if I wasn't growing a beard and didn't have around ten cakes of Trumpers old stock coconut and three Boot's Shavebowls in the stockpile never mind the umpteen tubes of Ingram's and the aforementioned thoroughly excellent Peppermint ebay stuff.

I move and I shake but only when I walk although that's more of lardy wobble, really. Besides, I've not really tried anything like the number of soaps some of you fine gents have. Oh aye, nearly forgot: Marty sent me an NOS Surrey soap from America that outperformed everything above and I thought was shaving nirvana even in scent but can I find it since the wife's last cupboard a-tidying? Can I chuff. That stuff was like chicken manure on grass!

Back
Top Bottom