Top 5 Soaps

Oooh, umm...

Cella
Valobra (unscented cake)
MWF
Mama Bears Unscented
CADE

Ask me again in a week and it could be totally different.

Ian

Fox said:
SAVON A BARBE 25% de lait frais bio d'ânesse
Cella
Wickham Super Smooth
Arko Stick
Mikes Soap Barbershop

My new hard soap, (Wickham Shave Block) should slot in here, knocking Mikes off the list.

Wow, You really did like that sample of Savon a Barbe 25% Lait frais!
For me:
Savon a Barbe 25% Lait Frais d'annesse Bio
Wickham Super Smooth
Czech and Speake
Palmolive
Martin de Candre

Omp said:
Fox said:
SAVON A BARBE 25% de lait frais bio d'ânesse
Cella
Wickham Super Smooth
Arko Stick
Mikes Soap Barbershop

My new hard soap, (Wickham Shave Block) should slot in here, knocking Mikes off the list.

Wow, You really did like that sample of Savon a Barbe 25% Lait frais!
For me:
Savon a Barbe 25% Lait Frais d'annesse Bio
Wickham Super Smooth
Czech and Speake
Palmolive
Martin de Candre

Yes, so much so that I have tried and failed miserably to buy some. I wish Alex had told me he was off to Paris weekend just passed, and when I saw his photo's showing that he had visited a shop that sold it, I was left feeling devastated.

In my mad search for it I did stumble across some other soap and along with my broken French managed to order some, "Le Volcan De Rasage En Stick Menthe
Savon solide au lait d'ânesse". I think I did read in a French forum that it was supposedly good. I will post up my findings.

Omp, do you know where I can buy Savon a Barbe 25% Lait Frais d'annesse Bio online?

Fox said:
Yes, so much so that I have tried and failed miserably to buy some. I wish Alex had told me he was off to Paris weekend just passed, and when I saw his photo's showing that he had visited a shop that sold it, I was left feeling devastated.

In my mad search for it I did stumble across some other soap and along with my broken French managed to order some, "Le Volcan De Rasage En Stick Menthe
Savon solide au lait d'ânesse". I think I did read in a French forum that it was supposedly good. I will post up my findings.

Omp, do you know where I can buy Savon a Barbe 25% Lait Frais d'annesse Bio online?

This is their website.
I picked up mine from Planete Rasoir in Paris for an extortionate amount of money. Mine is packaged in a metal pot. This one is packaged differently but it is the same producer so I assume it's the same product.

Omp said:
Fox said:

This is their website.
I picked up mine from Planete Rasoir in Paris for an extortionate amount of money. Mine is packaged in a metal pot. This one is packaged differently but it is the same producer so I assume it's the same product.

Yes I thought was, I emailed them sometime ago without any reply. I will follow the email up. Thank you Omp, it really is the best soap I have ever used.

Admittedly, I have only tried a handful of shaving soaps.
However, the only ones I definitely will be purchasing again are:
1) Mitchell's Wool Fat - superb moisturising properties and nice clean scent
2) Proraso green - love the freshness from the eucalyptus and menthol

Face latherer and stick user so don't know how these behave if you use a bowl.

Sir Irsch Moos (Out of production and really hard to find unfortunately.)
Tabac (Just as good as the above although the scent does put a few people off.)
Speick (Somewhat expensive but like all hard soaps lasts for ages.)
La Toja (Really unusual scent and the lather is almost luminescent white.)
Mitchells Wool Fat (Some have problems lathering it but turned my puck in to sticks and have had no problem at all. Love the scent. Must get some more!)
Arko (I know that's no 6 but has to be mentioned. Again some don't like the scent but you can't fault the lather. Cheap as chips too.)

Back
Top Bottom