Tombow

Interesting. I've been using Uni-Ball Power Tank ballpoints which use a pressurised refill. Does the Tomboy use a refill which isn't pressurised until installed in the pen?

The pressurisation is good for me as a postman because it's good for writing in the wet, cold and at various angles.

I've found with Uni-Ball that the whole pen can be found for about £1.50 whereas a refill costs much more! A few weeks ago it was frustrating me because I'd rather not consume more materials than necessary. I might go for a Tombow when I run out of what I've got, even though the Tombow refills appear slightly more expensive than the Uni-Ball pen. I just hope I don't lose the pen! (Occasionally the clip catches on things as I move around, and the pen gets dragged along and can go missing).

Does the Tombow seem durable?

Edit: Also, are the refills very small?
Edit 2: Yes the refills are small, but I now see them for a little over £1 each. And I found out that clicking the pen pressurises the refill, which I like so long as it's reliable and durable.

Last edited:
I have a Tombow Zoom 105 City ballpoint, which at only £12.00 from Cult Pens is quite reasonable for a Japanese premium pen.

I also imported a Tombow Havanna rollerball from Japan at half the UK price too...

Back
Top Bottom