Toggle acquisition pt 2

Ran out of room for attachments in the last post, so here's the last two.
[attachment=4299]
[attachment=4300]

It is virtually spotless, only needed a quick wash in some fairy liquid using cotton buds.

There's no real scratches, no lacquer or plate loss, all the black paint is intact, the case is virtually unmarked, the original instructions are pristine except for one slightly rusty staple and the original blade dispenser is mint and full (I've counted them):blush:

It's the most I've yet to spend on a piece for the collection, but now it's arrived I'm glad I did.

Attachments

• DSCF4572.JPG
    DSCF4572.JPG
    237.5 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCF4574.JPG
    DSCF4574.JPG
    255.5 KB · Views: 23
As I said in the acquisitions thread, I didn't bother bidding as I thought it would go for about double the price! Glad you got such a nice one and thanks for posting the pics for us.

Are you planning on ever using it?seems a shame to in one way but in another a shame not too really.mind I dont understand buying a bottle of whiskey and never drinking it as it was one of x bottles. Would be gutting if in 100 years it was opened and was rubbish!

What's doin Jamie,

Yeah, you probably don't see many Toggles in the wild and I'm glad you found a nice one for a price you're happy with. Those things aren't going down in value anytime soon I'd guess.

Seems like the Toggle has just a smidge tighter tolerances than the fatboy. The adjuster dial feels more precise and the 'click' sounds like a bank vault dial being turned....heh.

Took me a good 5-6 shaves before I finally figured everything out with that razor. The shaves were ok till then, but nothing special and it rarely got used. I found dialing it down one number from my normal adjustable setting helped compensate for the head's extra weight. Plus, it took getting used to the crazy long handle with the toggle thingy on the end.

I can't think of any other razor I've tried that shaves quite like the Toggle. Congrats on the very nice addition to your shaving arsenal.

Martin

monkeytennis said:
Are you planning on ever using it?seems a shame to in one way but in another a shame not too really.mind I dont understand buying a bottle of whiskey and never drinking it as it was one of x bottles. Would be gutting if in 100 years it was opened and was rubbish!

I know what you mean, I'm in two minds - do I use it and risk adding further marks or do I wrap it up and only take it out to caress it now and then.

As it's not mint, I think I'll take it for a spin (carefully) and then bundle away, maybe getting it out and into rotation now and then.

I do have mint unused razors that I'll never use, but it does kill me some days 'maybe I could just' and then I think 'STOP'.

Jamies said:
[As it's not mint, I think I'll take it for a spin (carefully) and then bundle away, maybe getting it out and into rotation now and then.

I do have mint unused razors that I'll never use, but it does kill me some days 'maybe I could just' and then I think 'STOP'.

I'm the same way as you when it comes to mint razors.....a blessing and a curse kinda thing. Since that's not a problem with the Toggle, you're off the hook. I can tell you the plating will hold up really well, so don't worry about any marks or plating loss showing up anytime soon.

dodgy said:
Seems like the Toggle has just a smidge tighter tolerances than the fatboy. The adjuster dial feels more precise and the 'click' sounds like a bank vault dial being turned....heh.

Took me a good 5-6 shaves before I finally figured everything out with that razor. The shaves were ok till then, but nothing special and it rarely got used. I found dialing it down one number from my normal adjustable setting helped compensate for the head's extra weight. Plus, it took getting used to the crazy long handle with the toggle thingy on the end.
Thanks Martin for the advice, I'll use that as a starting point.
I'm glad you confirmed a couple of things about the adjuster that I had a slight niggle in the back of my mind over, it does seem tighter and the click is definitely different.

Jamies said:
dodgy said:

Thanks Martin for the advice, I'll use that as a starting point.
I'm glad you confirmed a couple of things about the adjuster that I had a slight niggle in the back of my mind over, it does seem tighter and the click is definitely different.

I too found this razor to be more aggresive than my Fatboy on the same setting,i had to dial it down.

Dave.

Back
Top Bottom