TOBS

You bet; TOBS are my go to creams and aftershaves. I always like to have TOBS Rose and Lavender creams on hand, but I also like their Avocado, Cedarwood, Sandalwood and other creams. When I'm in London, where I stay at the Park Lane Hotel in Greenpark, I make it a habit to visit their Jermyn Street shop, which is just a stone's throw from the hotel. I'll also visit Harris in Picadilly and Trumper in Mayfair, but TOBS are my preferred vendor, and they're next to Bates, the hatter.

there is a learning curve with Taylors creams that not very enjoyable. starting to get a hang on the water ratio as they seem to really be thirsty.

Its just that the lack of a moisturizing "greasy" face feel post shave is an issue. all my favorite soaps have that feel, even the trumpers to some degree. but the TOBS leaves my face fealing like I used a facial cleanser.

I begrudge spending too much on cream/soap, so think they're a good compromise between price and quality. I've got sandalwood and grapefruit, which both smell great.

Just got eton college, not used it yet, but was a bit underwhelmed by the smell when I opened the pot considering how popular it is. I'm hoping it grows on me when I actually use it, I like the scent, just isn't as strong as the others.

I begrudge spending too much on cream/soap, so think they're a good compromise between price and quality. I've got sandalwood and grapefruit, which both smell great.

Just got eton college, not used it yet, but was a bit underwhelmed by the smell when I opened the pot considering how popular it is. I'm hoping it grows on me when I actually use it, I like the scent, just isn't as strong as the others.
Eton College is popular for the cushion and glide it provides for the shave. It lathers abundantly, as do all the TOBS creams, and is a great, great shaving cream. It has a nice citrus scent, but like all creams, the scent is just a memory by the time you're rinsing off your face.

Eton College is popular for the cushion and glide it provides for the shave. It lathers abundantly, as do all the TOBS creams, and is a great, great shaving cream. It has a nice citrus scent, but like all creams, the scent is just a memory by the time you're rinsing off your face.
Out of curiosity, are they not all the same creams, with different scents then? I realise aloe vera, sensitive and organic must be different.

I refuse to eat synthetic food. thus I refuse to use synthetic fur upon my face.

now, tobs has good things and bad things about it. all the creams and soaps do when you think about it. the funny part is, the TOBS may cost much more then erasmic, and get far far better reviews. but erasmic wins the post shave fight without any issue.
If taylor put more glycerine in.. and increased the moisture content to trumpers levels, it wouldn't be an issue, but as is taylors is a nice smelling shave reminiscent of shaves gotten with hand soap.

Back
Top Bottom