TOBS peppermint

I picked up a tub of this during my recent visit to The Traditional Shaving Co. shop in Leeds. This evening I finally managed to get past the CF Lavender that I've fallen in love with and gave the peppermint a shot.

This is great stuff! The performance is typical TOBS and the scent is a wonderful pure peppermint. It's surprisingly cooling too, not in the same league as QCS Vostok (thank God!) but more so than Proraso. I can see this one getting a lot of use.

Last edited:
Good to know. I was thinking about this one for the summer (if we get one this year)
AFAIK this is the only TOBS cream which is purely essential oils, with no perfume (apart from the unscented obviously)

Agree on the Tobs peppermint. Very underrated cream. Love the cooling effect it gives. I know I'm in the minority but I found proraso green a little underwhelming

I'm with you on Proraso green, it is good, but I think most of its reputation comes from the performance to cost ratio and it is cheap. The new formula ruined the scent for me, and the menthol is a shadow of its former self.

I'm with you on Proraso green, it is good, but I think most of its reputation comes from the performance to cost ratio and it is cheap. The new formula ruined the scent for me, and the menthol is a shadow of its former self.

You're the first person I have read stating that. I have only read that long time users like the newest version better. Oh well.

The performance is still great, perhaps even better, but now the scent has a musty note to it and there's definitely less menthol. I'm perhaps being a bit harsh, but I still have some of the old formula and it definitely smells better.

I visited the TOBS shop last week on Jermyn Street in London. As well as two other items I bought a pot of the peppermint cream and used it last night (Friday). Lovely mint tingle from it! Look forward to using again :) Not used the Proraso green, so can't comment.

I had great fun last year visiting TOBS and all the other shaving related shops. The Mrs was less enthused however!

I'm also a member of the Proraso under-appreciation club, not enough of a menthol kick for me and the scent is a bit meh.

Good to know - I recently acquired a tub of this, but I got it along with so many other creams I still haven't used it!

I was thinking of pairing it with a Myrsol aftershave - the one with the peppermint fragrance!

Back
Top Bottom