TOBS Mr Sidney's?

G

Gairdner

Has anyone tried this?

I remember seeing it in a Taylor of Old Bond Street Catalogue back in 2002 and when I started DE shaving, I wondered where it had got to. I simply presumed it had been discontinued as it is no longer featured on the TOBS website. Then I spotted it for sale from The Traditional Shaving Company so I emailed TOBS to enquire as to its availability. Their response was very quick and advised that it was not advertised on their website but could be ordered over the phone. Given that it is around £23 for 250ml for either the aftershave or cologne, it has very much got my interest piqued.

I love their Mr Taylor's but even the cologne doesn't last all that long on me despite marination levels of application but Shaving Shop lasts all day and I can smell it on my clothes the nest day. This is very frustrating as although the Shaving Shop is quite pleasant, I much prefer Mr Taylor's especially at this time of year.

Please helps chaps.

Graeme :)

P.S. I would be more than happy to trade some blades for a small decant if anyone has any.

Anyone? No? Might 'take one for the team' but it'll have to wait a good while as the rood still ain't fixed!

from a post on The Shave Den

Mr. Sidney's Original Aftershave arrived yesterday and I don't know what to make of this stuff. It may be green in color but it doesn't smell green to me -- no menthol, no citrus, no crisp fresh smell... I can't figure out what it smells like. It felt nice enough on my face, and it wasn't overpowering, and yet it doesn't fade to quickly either. At best I think I can safely describe it as a herbal scent.

It's not my cuppa, but my wife likes it. She says that it smells like her father when he would return home from the barbershop, many years ago. I need to use it more to see if it grows on me.

Sounds good Steve, ta muckle. I'll be sending you a PM about something shortly......

Only one review on basenotes which states the following;

Has a certain Bactine quality. Smells like something you'd dress a wound with. If you wear it, you'll smell like a sickroom.

Back
Top Bottom