TOBS in London (City)

TOBS is the only one of the big 4 English creams I haven't tried yet. Does anybody know of any shops in the City that stocks the stuff? I know there's the shop in Jermyn Street but I haven't got the time to head out West at lunchtime so I'm looking for a retailer in the Square Mile. I'd like a sniff of those creams where the name gives no clue to the scent before buying.

There is a cigar shop alongside the Royal Exchange (Threadneedle St side) with a bunch of shaving kit in the window. They may be a contender - I wandered past last Saturday but they were closed so I couldn't go in!

Otherwise, you might give the Jermyn St shop
a ring and see if they have a stockist in the city. Their Sandalwood is one my all-time favourite creams and I even bought the hand-soap to match.

David

Not wishing to high jack the thread but I will be near the marble arch area with little time to spare I am hoping that I can make it down to jermyn st but is there anywhere within walking distance ofmarble arch area worth a look also?

I'll be there tomorrow.

Try Flittner the barbers, just by Moorgate station. They stock a full range of TOBS creams. Brushes and razors too.

86 Moorgate, London, Greater London EC2M 6SE, United Kingdom
Phone:+44 20 7606 4750

factormax said:
Try Flittner the barbers, just by Moorgate station. They stock a full range of TOBS creams. Brushes and razors too.

Thanks! I'll check them out.

Just been to Flittner's. Great little place with an extensive range of TOBS, not just creams but soaps, colognes, deodorants, gift sets and so on. Scored a tub of Eton College cream for £7.95.

elverdiblanco said:
factormax said:

Just been to Flittner's. Great little place with an extensive range of TOBS, not just creams but soaps, colognes, deodorants, gift sets and so on. Scored a tub of Eton College cream for £7.95.

Fascinating little shop, isn't it? Really old fashioned barbers!

factormax said:
elverdiblanco said:
factormax said:

Fascinating little shop, isn't it? Really old fashioned barbers!

I haven't seen a barber wearing a grey nylon jacket for years, and I think the youngest one working there looked about 65 :icon_lol: But yes, great little place with a fantastic range of stuff.

Back
Top Bottom