TOBS Avocado vs TOBS Jermyn St

I see many good reviews of the Avocado, I didn't try it yet but I do use the Jermyn st which I think is simply superb as good as Maca root but the scent to me is nicer. I have some cash-back with one of the online vendors so was thinking to get a tub.

Can please anyone who might have used both Avo and JS tell me from performance point of view is there much difference?

To be honest Jermyn Street made me itchy but avocado is the only one I have two pots of....just in case, the scent is pleasant, I get a cucumber scent. Performance wise it's excellent.

In my opinion, Jermyn streets lather is Less denser then others. and Avocado cream smells like grass and/or cucumber to my nose, not pleasant for me. If you want a nice smelling Tobs with really dense, slick lather go for Coconut, Sandalwood. Eton college is very nice if you like citrusy fresh smell, Shaving shop smells great as well as lather is wonderful.

Thanks Chaps, very informative, the Eton also sounds nice, O heard in the grapevine that the Shaving Shop is going to be discontinued but it can be just an Internet inaccurate info.

Mr_Smartepants said:
I've had both. I don't think there's any difference in performance.
To me, the TOBS avocado smelled of cucumber, not avocado. A nice "green" fresh scent. For me, the Jermyn street is a better scent.

Couldn't agree more!

Re: RE: TOBS Avocado vs TOBS Jermyn St

Shemen Zait said:
Thanks Chaps, very informative, the Eton also sounds nice, O heard in the grapevine that the Shaving Shop is going to be discontinued but it can be just an Internet inaccurate info.
Eton college has the best scent known to man. Some say even opening the lid can lead to male orgasms

Nishy said:
Shemen Zait said:
Eton college has the best scent known to man. Some say even opening the lid can lead to male orgasms

I am just a bit put off by the description at the Greg's soap review site:

"..It smells pretty much exactly how I'd expect a young British boy off to boarding-school might be striving for, nothing too stodgy like his father might wear, but still refined...

Oh dear he obviously didn't smell teenagers!

It is more citrus than Jermyn Street but is still a rounded bouquet it's not just an intense citrus scent. To me Jermyn is similar to a Hugo Boss black or Ferrari black. Eton college is more of an aqua di gio.

Back
Top Bottom