TOBS Aloe Vera Cream

This is what appears to be this year's release by Taylor of Old Bond St. I picked it up from the shop for £12.95 for the standard size 150g tub. This is £3 above their standard range and £1 more than the newer Sandalwood and Peppermint offerings. I can only assume that the cost of raw materials may have had some bearing in this price jump.

The initial appearance is pretty much the same as the rest of the range, a white fairly thick cream in a good quality plastic tub. The scent is initially evident, but I will comment more on that later.

Shave performance is exactly as you would expect from a TOBS cream. It lathers well and offers good glide and protection, however the one notable difference is the post shave feel. The added aloe does really make a difference leaving the skin feeling refreshed and helping deal with any ongoing irritation. I've previously used Vicco Turmeric for it's 'medicinal' purposes when my skin feels like it's been in the wars and this cream has similar soothing properties.

Now the scent. It's quite mild in the tub, but really comes alive when you lather it. My initial thoughts were that I recognise it from somewhere, but I'm still baffled at where that somewhere is. I could definitely sense a strong element of fresh cologne, but had to phone a friend with a sample in the form of @Nishy

He added to my initial, somewhat bereft of detail thoughts with the following:

On first inspection it has aqua and cologne tones, but also a prominent rose such as diluted kewra water.

It definitely contains a rose syrup scent, similar to Kewra water. It also has aloe root extract, gives the light green fragrance a dirt tone. Not patchouli dirty more muddy. Also I detect a base note similar to their sandalwood cream. Quite powdery but with a cologne spice.

7d5b6d8e8c5203d069eaec24ae238d04.jpg

is this a regular item? Just how STRONG is the scent? compared to say Williams, Cella, erasmic, la toja, or wickhams Russian Leather?

is this a regular item? Just how STRONG is the scent? compared to say Williams, Cella, erasmic, la toja, or wickhams Russian Leather?
It appears to be an ongoing product.

The scent on opening the tub is definitely one notch weaker than Cella or Russian Leather, but does develop after being lathered

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom