TK Maxx shave stuff.

I have just payed a visit to the TK Maxx in Hammersmith, West London.

They have
Taylors of Old Bond Street-Mr taylor shower gel and shave cream tube about 7 sets at £6 ish, one sandal wood gel and bath soap set at £6
St James of Londonhttp://www.stjamesoflondon.com/ cream and brushless cream also hot towel mask, both £6 each, loads off.
a couple of naff mach3, brush and stand sets.
Also loose bottles of taylors s.gel/shampoo for couple of quid.
Some Cilla? cream and stuff
King of shaves stuff
plenty of other nice ASBs and colognes.

I bought St James Ceadarwood and Clearysage Hot towel mask rrp£18 paid £5.99, Ceadarwood and Clearysage Soothing Shave Cream 150ml rrp £14 paid £5.99, King of shaves pro face wash rrp £9.99 paid £3.99. I could have bought more!! (spent heaps on shoes/clothes)

Hope this is a help to folk, check out the above shop or others (NB they vary dramatically) thats why I went to this one as I know it is huge ;)

Boab feel free to move this to the shopping section, just wanted to give it some air time as forum is new.

C

Re: K Maxx shave stuff.

what is the hot tower mask?

I picked up some TOBS almond last week at TK Maxx in walsall.

i have it on my face as i type, hence no caps as am also holding hot towel.
smells gorgeous, is a runny stuff with a thixotropic ie cornflower and water consistency.
rub some in and the kaolin reacts with water and generates real heat, albeit for 10 secs
is a pre shave prep mask, lovely so far
off to lather and try the cream and my new shavette, gulp.
c

OK, update with two hands typing. (no promise of good spelling though)
(St James of Lodon Ceadarwood and Clearysage)
The Hot towel stuff is brill'. The scent is amazing and the instant heat is wonderous. I have had this feel before with face pack sachets my GF buys. But this is for men.
The cream is second to none that I have tried, trumpers, prorasso, TOBS. Scent again is great, sort of cologne but with a strong herbal smell and feel, pepper, ginger and woody. Firm cream, used less than normal and it was too much, should last forever.
Very creamy and slick, did dry on the edges, but 1 I think I needed more water as cream V concentrated, also was using shavette for first time so was taking a loooong time.

The shavette, was ok. A bit off pulling in the hard spots, one tiny weeper on the second pass, smooth face but soooo much burn. Wooowe did it burn. All settled after an hour and a coat of Elemis SOS Survival Cream.

C

mmmm.
TKMAX in Sunderland had some TOBS hand soap (which is probably very nice) but no shaving stuff when I popped in yesterday.
I suspect you need to pop in on a regular basis to get the odd gem.

They vary greatly. This one had a few sets of the stuff pluss many single items, as I said i could have gone mad!! :?

Paul_D said:
mmmm.
TKMAX in Sunderland had some TOBS hand soap (which is probably very nice) but no shaving stuff when I popped in yesterday.
I suspect you need to pop in on a regular basis to get the odd gem.
+1 It seems to be a pot luck thing

TK Maxx - Belfast

a smorgasboard of ToBS stuff, as said before the Shower Gel/Shaving cream combo for £7 so i got the Shaving Shop, Mr Taylors, Sandalwood and Eton College :roll:

not all for me mind, some will be xmas pressies :lol:

loads of other ToBS soap body soap combo's as well and some Portuguese body soaps (big bars as well @200g?) that smelt awesome!

I'm really want to spot TOBS avocado there. I'm ready to buy it from the gentlemans shop but just want a better deal. I now love Tk Maxx even more :D .

I love looking through the toiletry section in Tk Max and have found some great bargains. Loads and loads of TOBS stuff, Woods of Windsor,Zirh and last time i went a fantastic range of Omega shaving brushes and Kent Military brushes.
I picked up a Omega best badger with gold handle for only £5.00.

Manimal said:
I love looking through the toiletry section in Tk Max and have found some great bargains. Loads and loads of TOBS stuff, Woods of Windsor,Zirh and last time i went a fantastic range of Omega shaving brushes and Kent Military brushes.
I picked up a Omega best badger with gold handle for only £5.00.

WOW that's a bargain! If only I was so lucky. I'm waiting for a TOBS avocado cream but no luck so far. Might have to fork out a tenner to get it. How much do TOBS cost at TK Maxx anyway?

I just spent £9.45 for a pot of TOBS avocado from traditional shaving. I hope I don't see any TOBS shave creams there for a while :lol: .

BTW.
TOBS shaving tube (75ml) £6
TOBS shaving pot (150ml) £7
somebody needs to do their maths at gentleman's shop :roll:

rangers62 said:
Hi got TOBS tub of sandalwood cream plus badger brush in presentation box for £14.99 in Glasgow TK Maxx ;)
Yeah I saw one too, somebody had taken the brush out :x . But tbh the sandalwood cream didn't smell that nice to me.

I was in a TK Maxx the other day.

They had a pile of TOBS creams. Opened a few and had a sniff. I find that a full stash is proving a good deterrent to impulse purchasing. I digress.

Where do they get this stuff from? The pile looked pretty old stock to me. I'm comfortable with 40 year old soaps. Bit wary of old creams.

I didn't buy any. Perhaps at £4.50 I should have bought the lot and sold them on.

Back
Top Bottom