Timeless Scalloped 0.95 vs ATT R1 vs Blackbird OC

After I got the Timeless, I desided to put it vs my beloved Blackbird and ATT. First of all the Timeless is stunning, very well made and the shave with it is joy. The angle is very easy to find and it very smooth. I made six shaves with each razor. Three with Perma-Sharp and three with Polsilver. The ATT is very efective with a lot of blade feel and provide a very good shave. The Blackbird is tricky to find the angle and it not the most comfortable on the face.
But back to what matters - the shaving results. All razors provide good shave. I have a very coarse and dense beard and I searching for BBS. The best shave I get from Blackbird far ahead from Timeless. The ATT is somewhere in between. They all very good razors and I will keep them no doubt. But it only one winner - the Blackbird.

After I got the Timeless, I desided to put it vs my beloved Blackbird and ATT. First of all the Timeless is stunning, very well made and the shave with it is joy. The angle is very easy to find and it very smooth. I made six shaves with each razor. Three with Perma-Sharp and three with Polsilver. The ATT is very efective with a lot of blade feel and provide a very good shave. The Blackbird is tricky to find the angle and it not the most comfortable on the face.
But back to what matters - the shaving results. All razors provide good shave. I have a very coarse and dense beard and I searching for BBS. The best shave I get from Blackbird far ahead from Timeless. The ATT is somewhere in between. They all very good razors and I will keep them no doubt. But it only one winner - the Blackbird.

I am thinking of getting the Blackbird but am having a hard time deciding between the SB vs the OC version. I have used mostly SB razors but also enjoyed my OC's as well, including the Timeless 0.95 OC and a Fatip grande. I do have a coarse beard and need 3 passes plus touchups to get a close shave. I shave daily. I am leaning towards the OC. Any suggestions? The main concern I have for the OC is that the combs may be too sharp from what I read. The Timeless has smooth combs. Thanks.

I have both base plates the OC and CC
There is marginal differences between them. The combs is not sharp, I have the polished version. I got same type of beard as you and for me the Blackbird provide better shaves. But Timeless is also very good razor but a notch less then a Blackbird that provides me perfect BBS every time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both base plates the OC and CC
There is marginal differences between them. The combs is not sharp, I have the polished version. I got same type of beard as you and for me the Blackbird provide better shaves. But Timeless is also very good razor but a notch less then a Blackbird that provides me perfect BBS every time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Felix!

Back
Top Bottom