Time to say goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently, I stopped reading a popular US shaving forum over "rude" replies by TWO members regarding a newbie's synthetic knot idea on a well known artisan's brush. One of the members almost apologized and then claimed the post was humorous. I have zero tolerance for abuse of any kind including verbal/written.

I like TSR. I have received polite answers from @Nishy @riverrun @wayne mattison @others plus expensive answers from @Darkbulb and @mervyncadman. I am also a newer member, fewer posts than many, and probably read fewer posts than many. As living across the pond, nice to "broaden my horizon".

@UKRob - sorry to see you go, I did enjoy your knowledge and opinions. Hope you reconsider !!

Howie

Usually all the diverse people and free thoughts that make a forum great ends up being neutered and sterilized by restricted speech and over-moderation once it gets big enough. This has been the funniest, most thought provoking shaving forum on the net until recent months... but I guess leadership feels the need for this place to be another B&B or TSN. Very sad... and sorry about the loss of so valuable a member. Probably not the last victim in the transition...

Cheers and God speed to you, Rob!

Variety is the spice of life and you added that with your views Rob.

I just hope we don't end up being just endless reruns of 'Name Your Top 5 Blade Banks' or 'What Styptic Pencil Did You Use Today' like some of the other bland, bowdlerised forums.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom