Thinking about picking up a vintage Gillette razors

Good evening,

I was just looking over flea bay and thinking about buying a vintage gillette razor, is there anything I should look out for? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I have done well with over two weeks under my belt and I am curious about the gillette's, my understanding is there quite mild? (Some of them?)

You need to speak to frenchblade a great source of well priced gillettes and has a good knowledge of them. He is also a pleasure to deal with, give him a quick PM you will not be dissapointed.

Hey,

All depends on what you're looking for, I have several, from mild, moderate to agressive.
Superspeeds and HD rockets are good "starter" razors, the slim adjustable is also a favorite.

It all depends on what you're looking for in a razor, and what condition/price you want.

Give us more details, and we can suggest a good razor to start with in the vintage camp.

Cheers,

Max

Ideally looking for a mild razor as I am still new to the DE razors but cerainly a contender for everyday shaving with a modest budget, say £40 but there is a margin for increase within reason.

Hope that helps?

rwoodcock01 said:
Ideally looking for a mild razor as I am still new to the DE razors but cerainly a contender for everyday shaving with a modest budget, say £40 but there is a margin for increase within reason.

Hope that helps?

PM FrenchBlade simples

I got a flair tip rocket from frenchblades - superb razor. More aggressive than than superspeed but still nice and smmmoooooooottthhhhh!

rwoodcock01 said:

Stop! Stop! Stop! Cut your budget in half and a bit to £15-£18 and buy a nice Flair Tip Superspeed (Fido had one on BST the other day). Not over aggressive, but looks, feels, handles and shaves nice.

Don't get in to the must spend lots of money mindset too early, you don't want to pay over the odds for something you may not get on with, too early in the game.

If you really want to spend £40, blow the rest of the money on a blade sampler from connaught and buy a decent soap. :|

That's good advice. I would and have just steamed ahead and spent £40 plus another £40 on the consumables. Get the best budget stuff first, then move on if you want to.

Professor Blighty said:
Just my opinion but I think the slim adjustable takes some beating.

It is a good razor, however there is a lot of temptation there to start twiddling with the adjuster. Not necessarily something you want to be do whilst you are trying to refine your technique, especially when you have so many other potential variables to be fighting against changing. :|

Back
Top Bottom