Things you don't see anymore

Hi there,

Usta be, back in the 70s I was hanging out at a pub playing lots of darts and drinking many pints of various imported beers. Quite a few regular customers had their darts stashed behind the bar, ready for league play or just for fun.

Martin
Ha! This was me, back in the early 90s!

Sadly, many pubs I know have chosen to shut down the darts area and fill it with seats, presumably to increase profits. Cutting off their noses to spite their faces, in my opinion. On match nights (usually an otherwise quiet night) the pub was chock full - two teams, reserves, team followers. And on other nights the team were there practicing...and spending money on beer.

Last edited:
It's still a great looking car even today! Rag top too, lovely!

Ironically, an awesome winter car. Very warm under the double (triple?) fabric and the heating system was off some Arctic icebreaker - lid down mid-winter and you did not get cold. Very cool car. The lad she sold it to still has it. I bet you'd be hard pushed to get one in that condition under £10K nowadays.

Ironically, an awesome winter car. Very warm under the double (triple?) fabric and the heating system was off some Arctic icebreaker - lid down mid-winter and you did not get cold. Very cool car. The lad she sold it to still has it. I bet you'd be hard pushed to get one in that condition under £10K nowadays.
Yes I would not be at all surprised, that car reached cult status and in fully serviced well looked after condition you could ask for £10k and get it.

Paul.

Back
Top Bottom