Things to avoid

Right looks like so far everyone came across certain shaving products which don't function like they should and generally below human standards so I thought it would be a good idea to name and shame them :twisted:

I'm going to kick things off with Shea moisture shave butter

This devil has to be the worst cream I have ever come across,it just did not lather no matter how much of it went on my brush,I don't know who actually tested this product, but it was a miserable disappointment. :evil:

Attachments

• xx.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 156
cubert said:
Anything with maca root in. Burn burn burn.

Shame really, because the Body Shop maca root products are great performers.

Same here, something in them doesn't agree with me. As you say they are very good though, the shaving cream in particular produces a fantastic lather.

The Wilkinson sword soap in the blue plastic bowl. Lather like bubble bath, smells of petrochemicals, probably only stocked by supermarkets to put would-be traditional shavers off anything traditional (lest we do not buy their multiblade cartridges)

Swivel said:
slash said:
Anything from Tk maxx.Bought a load of that pecksniffs and it smelt great performed shite.

Very true, and why the heck do they label it up as rrp £35.00, no one believes that do they?
I actually quite like the Leather shaving soap :S
Agree about the pricing strategy, unless RRP stands for Ridiculous Ripoff Price

NotTheStig said:
The Wilkinson sword soap in the blue plastic bowl. Lather like bubble bath, smells of petrochemicals, probably only stocked by supermarkets to put would-be traditional shavers off anything traditional (lest we do not buy their multiblade cartridges)

Yes that could well be true. Then again if they stocked the good stuff they'd have to watch out for shop-lifters. No danger of that with the Wilko Sword really.

moodymick said:
Erasmic sticks. I don't care what anyone else says, it's like lathering with a dried up Pritt Stick. With it's lid still on. In a blister pack.

You'd be better off eating it and hoping the side effects made your hair fall out.

...this was hillarious! :lol: :lol:

James_uk said:
Right looks like so far everyone came across certain shaving products which don't function like they should and generally below human standards so I thought it would be a good idea to name and shame them :twisted:

I'm going to kick things off with Shea moisture shave butter

This devil has to be the worst cream I have ever come across,it just did not lather no matter how much of it went on my brush,I don't know who actually tested this product, but it was a miserable disappointment. :evil:

Shea Butter is a good ingredient to have in soap as it leaves the sking nice and soft and attracts mosture to the skin (humectant), but if you overdo it it will kill lather..........if this is African black soap it may have coconut oil it it too which should give lather but a more bubbly lather..

I have Shea butter in my soap but just enough to be beneficial, not too much that it effects the lather at all......

Father Ted said:
King Of Shaves Original shave oil - the blue stuff.

You may as well smear 10W50 engine oil on your face - it smells and performs the same.
Please allow me to disagree! I use the stuff you piffed me every shave, and love it! So much so, Pedro piffed me half a bottle too!
When those are finished, I'll get some more :D

Max

Back
Top Bottom