Things are starting to get a little crazy...

I think they should put "deals" on in supermarkets that scold resourse hoarders, like 1 pack of 24 toilet rolls is £7, if you buy 2 packs there's a "multideal" where it goes upto £50 for 2 packs. I went into Asda today for one of our friends to get nappies, they was 3 for £10 but they was limiting you to 2 packs. But not for the multideal, I really don't see why they still have multideals on, they should have deals on incentivising customers to buy less of the high demand items.

Last edited:
I think they should put "deals" on in supermarkets that scold resourse hoarders, like 1 pack of 24 toilet rolls is £7, if you buy 2 packs there's a "multideal" where it goes upto £50 for 2 packs. I went into Asda today for one of our friends to get nappies, they was 3 for £10 but they was limiting you to 2 packs. But not for the multideal, I really don't see why they still have multideals on, they should have deals on incentivising customers to buy less of the high demand items.
I agree but it would be impossible to police, you leave the store and go back once you've packed your car, people will always find ways of being selfish.

They should have truck loads of paracetamol on street corners. What ya supposed to do if you're at home with your family trying to get a fever down? Clearly anyone without enough paracetamol is going to end up in hospital. Until I see ample supply of a required drug, which costs next to nowt to produce, I'm not convinced these turkeys are taking this seriously.

I was in Boots this morning and they are still running their hot air heaters, blowing air and circulating every feckers germs around the shop. I'm sure they'll switch em off when they get 'guidance' from the correct 'authority.. Until then me pointing out their stupidity is nothing but harassment.

Yeah and because 'everyone' is gonna be working from home, they're going to reduce all public transport in London. Less demand you see. So if ya still have to go to work well, tough luck.

To cut a long story short, I've been stockpiling Playmobil since just before my eldest was born (so just under 6 years). I had Lego as a child and always wanted Playmobil. This is just as much about me reliving my childhood as it is about making sure my girls have some awesome toys. It's a big boxes collection stored in various piles around the house. Whilst I don't think they're quite old enough to appreciate it yet, these times of isolation justified opening some of it. Yesterday's theme was Pirates.

IMG_20200321_110823.jpg
IMG_20200321_135047.jpg
IMG_20200321_135700.jpg
IMG_20200321_160619.jpg

Today will be Space! I'm sure you all would love to see what else I build so I'll keep you updated :D

Asda gave all of their stock from the hot food/pizza counter, bakery and cafe to my other halfs care home yesterday! (like cheese, pizza toppings, chickens, ham joints, and loose bread).

My dad works in Asda too and he has COPD and they've given him 3 months off work with full pay! I'm so glad they did though because I'm sure this virus will kill him, since he's been hospitalised a few times without even having a virus!

@Boycie83 loving the Playmobil. I have a ton of Scalextric so will be getting that out before long. Also have loads of board / card games, I've always enjoyed traditional toys & games. Why should the kids have all the fun? There is only so much staring at a screen I can do. My kids have passed a lot of this stuff now but will join in given some encouragement. I also love playing darts so have been up in the top room playing

Now the weather is improving at least we can finally enjoy our gardens again. Table tennis is really popular here right now, also have a pop up badminton net which folds down into a carry case, and a footy net. I've felt miserable most of the week, holiday and all social events cancelled, it feels like the very fabric of society is falling apart at times. This weekend we have sun, fun and games in the garden and I feel much happier.

Todays observations in pandemic Britain:
Went to Tesco today at 9:30am. The car park and the shop itself was completely full, apparently NHS staff were let in an hour early. Each female member of NHS staff was given a free bunch of flowers.

At 10am the NHS started to go through the checkouts and out of the shop, almost every single trolley had one or two packs of toilet paper.

At 10:30am they let in the general public, the toilet paper aisle had already been picked clean, as had the long life milk and pasta.

Back
Top Bottom