Thiers-Issard razors

Maybe Americans are just more demanding of their razors? I don't know what the price of a TI is in Germany or France, but in America the price is pretty steep. If I'm paying that much for a razor I would want perfection and would be severely annoyed by anything less.

Hyperborean said:
Helveticum said:
Hyperborean said:
I think it's still allowed to share your experiences isn't it. I believe that's the purpose of these forums.

You're contradicting your first post now.

Oh realy? I wrote you should buy Thiers Issard from a known german seller/store and in that case you should have no problems with it. I have got the impression that complaints regarding Thiers Issard razors come when bought from anglo-american sellers. I don't know, but maybe the french are selling to the anglo-americans "factory seconds"... probably the germans are more demanding regarding manufacturer meeting certains standards of quality

What utter tosh - racist, too.

asharperrazor said:
Maybe Americans are just more demanding of their razors? I don't know what the price of a TI is in Germany or France, but in America the price is pretty steep. If I'm paying that much for a razor I would want perfection and would be severely annoyed by anything less.

My observation is that the Americans have lower quality standards on one hand (in other words they sell overpriced crap), and they have unrealistic demands on the other (for example they want a knife which will cut alike through steel , bread or whatever they can think of (and still keep an edge)).

Hyperborean said:
asharperrazor said:

My observation is that the Americans have lower quality standards on one hand (in other words they sell overpriced crap), and they have unrealistic demands on the other (for example they want a knife which will cut alike through steel , bread or whatever they can think of (and still keep an edge)).

2nd strike for the racist.

Pigcat - where are you?

Mikael said:
I don't get you, but you're off re so many things. I've got several TIs and the vintage ones are nice. I got a 2011 limited edition made for the French market, that had a crap finish, so your comments are off re the race and different qualities for different markets, too.

Like I said, buy TI from reputable german sellers.

Neil Miller said:
Hyperborean said:
asharperrazor said:

2nd strike for the racist.

Pigcat - where are you?

Which races did I mention? Isn't there supposed to be no human races ie just one human race. How can anybody be a racist then?

Aha, so this French company only sell good razors to some German dealers and you base this on the two razors you've bought from one German dealer and one from a (reputable) English vendor!? You're a very interesting man (or woman).

Hyperborean said:
Helveticum said:
Hyperborean said:
I think it's still allowed to share your experiences isn't it. I believe that's the purpose of these forums.

You're contradicting your first post now.

Oh realy? I wrote you should buy Thiers Issard from a known german seller/store and in that case you should have no problems with it. I have got the impression that complaints regarding Thiers Issard razors come when bought from anglo-american sellers. I don't know, but maybe the french are selling to the anglo-americans "factory seconds"... probably the germans are more demanding regarding manufacturer meeting certains standards of quality

Goldfish syndrome? Let me put it simply for you then.

Statement 1: everyone who says TI can be faulty is an envious jerk and an asshole.

Statement 2: You claim a TI you'd bought was faulty. And no, it doesn't matter that you've mentioned "reputable german sellers" as you simply don't possess any significant amount of statistical data, i.e are full of shit already by making such statement.

Statement 3: "it's allowed to share your experience". Yet everyone else's experience makes them assholes, but of course not yourself.

I have no more comments.

Hyperborean said:
I think it's still allowed to share your experiences isn't it. I believe that's the purpose of these forums. I only stated the fact regarding Invisible edge and that I got a blade with a warped edge. Mr. Dempster didn't argue regarding return nor did I, we had normal communication through our email correspondence as we exchanges several emails regarding the problem of the mentioned razor. I just think it would be fair of him to refund also the shipping cost I had when I returned the razor as it is on the seller to check whether the razor is without flaws not on the buyer. I believe that is the right practice isn't it?

You are stated not to but from English sites suggesting they are selling substandard goods or factory seconds and have specifically quoted The Invisible Edge in your initial post. Given that this is someones livelihood I think its bordering on liable, unless you have evidence that it wasn't just one razor.

Hyperborean said:
Which races did I mention? Isn't there supposed to be no human races ie just one human race. How can anybody be a racist then?

Racism does not have to be about skin tone.

Such sweeping generalizations as suggesting that Americans have unrealistic demands and sell overpriced crap are generally considered as racist.

Jeltz said:
Hyperborean said:
I think it's still allowed to share your experiences isn't it. I believe that's the purpose of these forums. I only stated the fact regarding Invisible edge and that I got a blade with a warped edge. Mr. Dempster didn't argue regarding return nor did I, we had normal communication through our email correspondence as we exchanges several emails regarding the problem of the mentioned razor. I just think it would be fair of him to refund also the shipping cost I had when I returned the razor as it is on the seller to check whether the razor is without flaws not on the buyer. I believe that is the right practice isn't it?

You are stated not to but from English sites suggesting they are selling substandard goods or factory seconds and have specifically quoted The Invisible Edge in your initial post. Given that this is someones livelihood I think its bordering on liable, unless you have evidence that it wasn't just one razor.

Hyperborean said:

Such sweeping generalizations as suggesting that Americans have unrealistic demands and sell overpriced crap are generally considered as racist.

some people just dont know how to hold there tongue. doesn't the idiot realise that just because he says these things online it doesn't make him immune from the law.

doesn't he realize that just because someone lives in a different town/country than him it doesn't mean there a different race

the only reason people look different (skin colour) is because there family has lived in that country long enough that there bodies have adapted to the climate

under the skin all humans are practically the same

Jeltz said:
Hyperborean said:

Hyperborean said:

Heck I don't mind refunding the postal cost. If this guy will send me a PayPal invoice for the amount I will pay it no problem. But any more fingers pointing is not on - if I get something wrong I put it right (even if I'm not wrong in the first place) and yes this is a full time limited company,of which I am the MD and do have a reputation to protect which was earned the hard way and WILL be protected from any libelous rubbish that anyone may care to sling. Not that this is the case here of course.

Back
Top Bottom