Thiers Issard 1884 limited edition?

Hi guys,

I'm not really into vintage straights, so I hope you can help me.

A Thiers Issard 1884 limited edition is offered to me. According to seller it's number 305. The limited edition should have 450 pieces.
Seller is asking 200 euro for it.

Could it be fake? Or could it be real and how about the price?

razor.jpg

Please advice. Thanks.

There is no markings on the tang at all which there should be. It is really a new straight that's meant to be made from vintage blanks.
http://straightrazorplace.com/srpwiki/index.php/Thiers_Issard_%22Pierre_Thiers_Historical%22_5/8

I bought a modern limitid edition TI not to long ago and I was very disapointed on the quality, read here about that.

Is it a french seller, mine was. I didn't get much help from him when I noticed the bad finish, he offered to help after I allready was offered other help (wich he knew when he very late offered to help). They can be good shavers though, if there's no issues. But I prefer vintage TIs.

Mine was also never used, most likely quality hickup at the factory. I like the idea and look of of TIs, but for me I wouldn't go there. However, you're not me :D

Hi there,

Just checking in about this blade.
A friend of mine is selling it.
Rob, he was confused about the text question but after reading this thread it became clear.

I took some more pictures:

IMG_8026.jpg

IMG_8020.jpg

IMG_8030.jpg

But he is not going to sell it for 200 euro. ;)

Kind regards,

asharperrazor said:
jaycey said:
But he is not going to sell it for 200 euro.

No thats way over priced.
I picked this up recently for half that price:dodgy:
6/8 Historic in Snakewood.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/821/img0022ba.jpg

That is a pretty razor. I like the spine work.

How does it shave?

Rubbish, I will be selling it soon:icon_cheesygrin:

jaycey said:
No thats way over priced.
I picked this up recently for half that price:dodgy:
6/8 Historic in Snakewood.

Yeah......, good luck with that.

Anyway, I thought it would be appropriate to say here that this knife has now been sold.
Not to the op, but on eBay.

Kind regards,

Back
Top Bottom