The Three OSPs! [Neroli, Spice Road, Grapefruit & Menthol]

This is going to be my review of three different OSPs I have been gifted from a few gentlemen on this forum @Blademonkey (Neroli) @MarkB (Spice Road) and @Finton Stack (Grapefruit and Menthol). I will post my review on each on consecutive days post use.

Night 1 - Grapefruit and Menthol

Tonight I felt like a face freezer so went straight for this one.

Scent
As always with scents, these are subjective. I know that Finton had mentioned to me that this wasn't getting much love in his den and so it's found a new home in mine. I would agree with Finton that I don't detect much grapefruit in here, there is an undertone which I can't put my finger on but is not overly fruity to my nose. It is a very pleasant scent nonetheless which gives off the good old whiff of menthol that I love. Overall very pleased on the scent front, but I do wish it lasted longer on my skin.

Lather
What can I say, this thing produces rich, creamy, shiny lather. I lathered with a synthetic as soon as I opened it and no problems there, and for my shave I used a boar and wow did it create a mass of lather fast.

Performance
Absolutely top notch. Slickness and cushion in abundance. My Rapira platinum had no issues at all, and no tugging. The menthol in this, wow, I loved it. My other menthol soap in my rotation is Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic but this has outdone that - if Stirling is a 4 this is a 5-6 in terms of menthol. I had a slight tear at one point (not sure if the menthol or because this lathered so well and I ended with a BBS shave). Plenty of slickness in this soap to allow me to touch up without reapplying lather.

Post shave
As mentioned I just wish the scent lasted longer on my face. That cold feeling from the menthol lasted around 5-10 minutes and then dissipated to leave my skin feel soft and hydrated. My skin does not feel dry at all which is great.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this soap and will be purchasing some more Soap from @OSP, but I just need to decide on my scent! 8/10 on this soap for me, top performer and glad to have it in my den.

Until tomorrow gents.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    804.6 KB · Views: 19
I was the same with a Wickhams citrus musk sample,couldn't smell anything,was a good soap though.Got a bowl of spitfire ordered,very intrigued what this scent will be like.

I can vouch that the P&B Albion is indeed citrussy and fruity! I pick up an earl grey type scent.
Also I'm gutted men, I'm stuck in Dublin tonight with work with NO SHAVING GEAR! Looking forward to tomorrow night now, that spice road is a calling!
d7dfe614383509199e42f05d43e97693e801b494f4a43d3525375d4912367571.jpg

This is going to be my review of three different OSPs I have been gifted from a few gentlemen on this forum @Blademonkey (Neroli) @MarkB (Spice Road) and @Finton Stack (Grapefruit and Menthol). I will post my review on each on consecutive days post use.

Night 1 - Grapefruit and Menthol

Tonight I felt like a face freezer so went straight for this one.

Scent
As always with scents, these are subjective. I know that Finton had mentioned to me that this wasn't getting much love in his den and so it's found a new home in mine. I would agree with Finton that I don't detect much grapefruit in here, there is an undertone which I can't put my finger on but is not overly fruity to my nose. It is a very pleasant scent nonetheless which gives off the good old whiff of menthol that I love. Overall very pleased on the scent front, but I do wish it lasted longer on my skin.

Lather
What can I say, this thing produces rich, creamy, shiny lather. I lathered with a synthetic as soon as I opened it and no problems there, and for my shave I used a boar and wow did it create a mass of lather fast.

Performance
Absolutely top notch. Slickness and cushion in abundance. My Rapira platinum had no issues at all, and no tugging. The menthol in this, wow, I loved it. My other menthol soap in my rotation is Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic but this has outdone that - if Stirling is a 4 this is a 5-6 in terms of menthol. I had a slight tear at one point (not sure if the menthol or because this lathered so well and I ended with a BBS shave). Plenty of slickness in this soap to allow me to touch up without reapplying lather.

Post shave
As mentioned I just wish the scent lasted longer on my face. That cold feeling from the menthol lasted around 5-10 minutes and then dissipated to leave my skin feel soft and hydrated. My skin does not feel dry at all which is great.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this soap and will be purchasing some more Soap from @OSP, but I just need to decide on my scent! 8/10 on this soap for me, top performer and glad to have it in my den.

Until tomorrow gents.

So glad you like the soap. The grapefruit is on the mild side. Scents are subjective but if you want what i think is a stronger scent of mine, go for Bay Rum, Eucalyptus, Spice Road, or Neroli or Peppermint and Rosemary actually.

@OSP Shaved with the spice road this morning, and here is my review:

Scent - You are right, it is indeed stronger! I get like almost an aniseed/spicy oriental scent from this which I'm really into, well done on that one James. It also lasts a little longer on my skin which I'm very pleased with!

Performance, lather and post shave are as in my first post, very impressive. I must say I thought this one might have had a little bit more cushion? I suspect due to the fact there is no menthol. Really enjoyed this one!

Guys shaved with the Neroli this morning and it is my definite favourite! @Blademonkey great great soap - you were right! Scent is bang on and right up my alley. This soap is slick, cushioned and smells amazing, what's not to like! Quite a thirsty soap but ease of lather was insane. I can firmly say, I really enjoy these OSP soaps, and will have to buy some more

Guys shaved with the Neroli this morning and it is my definite favourite! @Blademonkey great great soap - you were right! Scent is bang on and right up my alley. This soap is slick, cushioned and smells amazing, what's not to like! Quite a thirsty soap but ease of lather was insane. I can firmly say, I really enjoy these OSP soaps, and will have to buy some more
You are welcome, I'm pleased you like it.

Back
Top Bottom