The Shaving Restraint (TSR) 2023

Cheers, it's a Gillette 'New' Long Comb, always wanted to give one a bash. This is a replate but I am a bit of a magpie!

Is it a flat bottom (slots in the baseplate) or a raised flat bottom (ridge on the base plate).

I bought one of each last year. They took a few shaves to get used to, but once I did, my other razors have been a bit neglected.

Glorious razors. I hope you enjoy using yours.

Is it a flat bottom (slots in the baseplate) or a raised flat bottom (ridge on the base plate).

I bought one of each last year. They took a few shaves to get used to, but once I did, my other razors have been a bit neglected.

It's the flat bottom with the slots in the baseplate, has a much lighter handle and heavier head than I thought it would. Not a bad thing, just an observation.

Don't tell me that though, I can't neglect my other razors, my Mrs will tell me to get shot!!

Looking forward to giving it a bash tomorrow mind, fingers crossed!

They shave the same don't they? Which is a good thing, all the News are great razors.

They shave the same don't they? Which is a good thing, all the News are great razors.

Hello Toby, I actually find there is a bit of difference with my two. The flat bottom New with slots is a little bit milder than the Raised Flat Bottom New, which is one of the more efficient vintage razors I own. I think I measured their top caps and there were some slight differences as well.

I used to consider myself a Tech fanboy first and foremost but with my 3 old OC's (the other one is an Old Type) seem to have overtaken my beloved Techs.

Those old OC razors are truly glorious razors.

I'd love a short comb New but they seem to be quite thin on the ground in the UK. One day, a SC New will be mine...

Back
Top Bottom