The Shave It "Shadow"

Next to arrive was the Shadow black aluminum razor from the Shave It Shave Co. here in Canada. The company has a lot of nice looking shaving gear and right now there's a large sale because, unfortunately, they're closing their doors and going out of business.
I don't care for aluminum or Ti razors as they just feel too light to me. But this was a company and the price was very good so I bought one. I like the looks although the logo on the cap may be a bit off-putting to some. No matter.
Light, nice balance, great handle and I got to work. Used the same Perma-Sharp blade as I had in the Flexi. Used Mitchell soap with Lanolin and an olive handle Zenith boar brush. Soaked the brush for a bit and started my lather. I have to say my boars are breaking in really well and are very comfortable plus starting to be just about as good at bowl lathering as my synths.
Didn't notice a lot of blade feel and the razor felt like a Mach3 in that it was incredibly easy to shave with I went through 2 passes and some buffing to get a really good shave. Wow! I prefer this razor to my Henson AL and Ti razors which I have since sold off. I am truly surprised at this razor and very happy I bought it. This is a really nice addition to my rotation. If any of you like aluminum razors you would do well to look into this one before they are gone.
Cheers!
tempImageazgq2S.png

The handle is gorgeous I think! The writing on the cap looks a bit naff though. But I would definitely try one if they were available over here.

The head design is well known. Plenty of Standard Plus on Amazon and Aliexpress.
This model is available from October 2021, and is quite often promoted on the FB page.
I agree about the logo. I'm not a fan of this way.
Maybe, at a good price in EU ...
I love AL razors.

Back
Top Bottom