The Real Shave Co. Post shave balm.

[attachment=7437]My first post, so let me post a few threads or whatever before you decide to shoot!!

Have taken to the whole wet shaving experience extremely well and am very , much enjoying it.

Am going to stick to the topic in question namely 'The Real Shave Company' post shave balm which i purchased in an asda store for half price think it was around £2.49 cheap as chips.
Im hoping the picture has attached now!!??? if not here are the specifics, step 3 post shave, advanced spf15 moisturiser, no parabens, sls or sles, professional formula with cocoa butter and anti ageing Q10.

i find it to be really good compared to the other everyday balms i have used in the past, nivea, loreal, simpsons, wilkinsons and would go as far as saying its the best. only thing im not that keen on is the smell, cant have it all though aye?

was wondering if anybody else has tried it? what they thought of it and what are parabens? sls and sles and does the anti ageing Q10 thing actually do anything?

And what other brands are out there similar to this one you would recomend?

Attachments

• 231332781.jpg
    231332781.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 52
I do like this balm and brought another yesterday as I was in Morrisons and noticed all their products were half price - £1.74 each - bargain!!

Hi and welcome, I haven't tried this one but I have only read positive reports about it on here. My current favourite is Harris' Windsor aftershave milk, along with the rest of the Windsor range. I adore the smell, although you could get a bucket full of RSC for the price of D. R. Harris' bottle.

Scott.

I agree - I think their products are really good value for money. I like the smell of that stuff too and find it pretty effective - it's £1.29 in Bodycare just now too as is the shaving cream and the scrub! Alternatively you can buy it at Boots for more than double that price if you like!

I use this as well. Often pick up 100ml tube for £1 in Poundland.

I agree with OP, the scent isn't anything to write home about, but the balm does it job.

Greetings

I could not agree more, excellent stuff and a bargain. IMHO their shaving cream is a superb performer as well.

You will find as you try different products that often some (not all) of the cheapies perform as good or better than the expensive ones. In traditional shaving a high price tag is absolutely no guarantee at all of a better product.

Regards
Dick.

I went to have a look at the balm in Bodycare today, the one they had had parabens in it. Not the same as the more expensive one in Boots. I suspect the Home Bargains one will be the same.

Reacted with my face and that's the only reaction that I have had from any product sice going the DE route. Shame as it's perfect travelling size.

Re: RE: The Real Shave Co. Post shave balm.

Big Bob said:
Reacted with my face and that's the only reaction that I have had from any product sice going the DE route. Shame as it's perfect travelling size.

Exact the same here - intense itching ten minutes after application and nothing else I've tried has caused a reaction.

Back
Top Bottom