The invisible edge : shave ready

I have got a Gold Dollar, it is Chinese and it is cheap in both price and looks, it is a no bragging rights razor I admit to that but the shave is actually nice and it will definitely not blunt 1/4 into a shave :)

Got my first Gold Dollar shave ready from Billy on Ebay (not Fergiebilly but another Billy) then got a second Gold Dollar from China thinking I would hone it to perfection but BIG MISTAKE the blade is of course not shave ready to start with but it is also uneven making setting the bevel a problem at least for me as a newbie :(

Last edited:
I have got a Gold Dollar, it is Chinese and it is cheap in both price and looks, it is a no bragging rights razor I admit to that but the shave is actually nice and it will definitely not blunt 1/4 into a shave :)
Fair enough pal & respect your comment.They are just not for me :)

Got my first Gold Dollar shave ready from Billy on Ebay (not Fergiebilly but another Billy) then got a second Gold Dollar from China thinking I would hone it to perfection but BIG MISTAKE the blade is of course not shave ready to start with but it is also uneven making setting the bevel a problem at least for me as a newbie :(
They are not just what I like but everyone to there own eh :) what works for one person won't necessarily work for the other :)

This is one of the problems with them.Always best getting someone who is experienced enough to get it shave ready.

hi jack if i was starting out again revisor is where i would go they got top quality razors for very resonable prices even though i have enough razors when ever i have a look on the site i have to stop myself from buying something although they still need honing

hi jack if i was starting out again revisor is where i would go they got top quality razors for very resonable prices even though i have enough razors when ever i have a look on the site i have to stop myself from buying something although they still need honing
Hi there & thankyou for the recommendation.I actually have some 5/8 as a back up but I just fancy a new razor.I only having finishing hones now :/

Invisisble Edge is a nice shop and stands behind their product. I have ordered from him with great results.
Hi Duke,
Thanks for saying.My original thoughts also.I'm just thinking about buying one of his razors because I fancy a new one.What razors have you bought from him & are they shave ready out of the box? (Obviously will need a few runs on the soft leather first)

Back
Top Bottom