The "i" part 1: twaddle

Quel surprise - Blyth Spirit has a pop at us pinko Commies! :lol: :D Must say I'm no fan of the Independent, not for its political viewpoint but because, last time I read it, there was page after page of highly pretentious arts reviews on obscure dance and theatre that made about as much sense as one of Oz Clarke's wine reviews. :lol:
Seriously, most of the stuff in that list looks like overpriced, overmarketed rubbish. No mention of whether the creams they advocate are brushless or not, and why mention two very expensive pre-shave oils when something very similar can be had for a lot less? As for Tom Ford, am I just desperately unfashionable, or did I think he was the twit with the beard that used to be on Fifth Gear? :oops: :roll: Plus; night cream? I mean, I'm no Vinny (not Joe), but night cream? :evil: :roll:

Here's the ingredients list for the Nivea Replenishing Balm, from the Nivea website.

Aqua, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Distarch Phosphate, Panthenol, Parfum, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Triceteareth-4 Phosphate, Sodium Carbomer, Tetrasodium Iminodisuccinate, Farnesol, Linalool, Limonene.

That discredits the entire article for me.

Ian

Well it's just a glorified advert for posh brands. :roll: I reckon a humble stick of Palmolive would outperform any of those fancy oils and creams any day.

Back
Top Bottom