The Erasmic shaving soap bowl.

A while back I bought myself an erasmic shaving stick and like nearly everyone else was massively dissapointed. It's more like a hand soap than anything else.

However today I bought the shaving bowl which is glycerine based as opposed to the tallow base of the sticks.

The thing lathers like a beast! The difference between the two products is unreal.

I'm so glad this is the case as I really wanted the brand to shine what with it being a really cheap and awesome smelling English product.

I'm not good at describing scents but it smells just like an old time barber shop.

Really shocked, and really impressed.

Give it a shot if you've got a spare £2, it's worth every penny and more.

Ben

Coincidently I picked up a tube of the cream on Friday for a quid and found it really good and better than some I have paid far more for
I have a "bowl" and have had it for about a year but never tried it! No reason just to much in the stash I guess
I will give it a lathering in the week

Re: RE: The Erasmic shaving soap bowl.

ollie9091 said:
Coincidently I picked up a tube of the cream on Friday for a quid and found it really good and better than some I have paid far more for
I have a "bowl" and have had it for about a year but never tried it! No reason just to much in the stash I guess
I will give it a lathering in the week

I've yet to pick up a cream but now I know the whole range isn't reflected in the performance of the stick I'll grab one asap.

I too have mistakenly bought the stick, today infact. Obviously having not read this post. Got home, tried a test lather....... what a load of crap! Is it made by the same folks that make Trumpers Coconut soap?
It was only 50p and I can see why. First thing that struck me was how hard it is, almost like plastic. Left it soaking in a hot sink for ages just to see if it would soften up and give a decent lather. Not a chance.
I do have the cream which I really like.
So, next up, the bowl, if I can find it around here.

I'm really glad u tried the bowl. It is a great soap. I was going to start a thread comparing the ingredients and performance of the sticks and the bowl but you've saved me the trouble!

If there is anyone who hasn't tried this soap, go out and get some!

Jon_mooseuk said:
I too have mistakenly bought the stick, today infact. Obviously having not read this post. Got home, tried a test lather....... what a load of crap! Is it made by the same folks that make Trumpers Coconut soap?
It was only 50p and I can see why. First thing that struck me was how hard it is, almost like plastic. Left it soaking in a hot sink for ages just to see if it would soften up and give a decent lather. Not a chance.
I do have the cream which I really like.
So, next up, the bowl, if I can find it around here.

Try grating the stick and then press into a bowl first, see if you can generate a better lather that way.

Used this for the first time last night. I bought the bowl, cream and shave stick for change out of a fiver from Savers so can't complain.

Quite nice, did remind me of the Wilkinson Sword blue bowl soap though albeit with a much heavier scent - and when I say much heavier I mean MUCH heavier.

Nice shave though but that little bowl did end up with me making a bit of a mess every where.

I used the Erasmic shaving bowl earlier this year, and it lathered brilliantly. I found it worked better when I placed the soap in a ramekin pot, which in turn I placed inside a large cup filled with warm water, like a shaving scuttle.

I bought the bowl a while back and really like it. Smell great and has plenty of slip and cusion as it lathers great.

Question is. Ive noticed that the erasmic website does not list the soap anymore so does anyone know if its been discontinued? ?

Greetings

I like the black bowl Erasmic, Erasmic also make a fat shave stick, the same as the Tabac stick in the same type of screw up container, I am fairly sure that it is exactly the same formula as the black bowl. Erasmic call it Erasmic supreme and on their website they list several products under the Supreme label.

The problem is that I can find no retail outlets that stock them near me or anywhere else for that matter. Savers a couple of years back stocked these sticks as well as the crap ones but now only stock the crap ones and the black bowls.

http://www.erasmic.co.uk/index.html

Regards
Dick

Back
Top Bottom