The Duke as got a new coat?

A few of you may have seen the Duke dressed in a pair of Cocobolo Scales I made a few weeks back, well the Duke somehow didn't look to good in those scales, he's more of a traditional looking chap, so I removed him and gave those scales up to a vintage Kropp I restored, well in all honesty the Kropp looked perfect in those scales, but the poor old Duke still needed a new set of clothes, so I decided on a ancient native wood Welsh Yew I like the connection with the Welsh long bow, made from Yew and used to great affect by the Welsh archers against the french during the battle of Agincourt, and I went for the more traditional scales which the Duke once owned. I went for a double washer at the back with a single washer at the front kind of gives a nice balance, I also made the wedge from a small off cut of the Yew.

Regards Jamie.

WelshYew002.jpg

WelshYew005.jpg

WelshYew001.jpg

WelshYew006.jpg

WelshYew007.jpg

WelshYew009.jpg

WelshYew008.jpg

He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when this day is nam'd,
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.

Arrowhead said:
This I do like, quite unusual colours for yew. Is it a bookmatch Jamie, or sequential? Also, well done with the self portrait in the penultimate pic. ;)

Well spotted Andy, I think there's a role for you in the new mission impossible with those kind of observation skills, second thoughts i'm thinking more Sherlock Holmes than Tom Cruise, :icon_lol:

Regards Jamie

Back
Top Bottom