The Bluebeards Revenge

James_uk said:
Pig Cat said:
James_uk said:
I agree with you,I have to say most cutlasses fail to shave me as I have a tough curly beard, even in my case I can find some treasure, beside I now see swash-buckling as a pleasure. If this is the way your parrot functions naturally,why interfere with it?

Are you a pirate?? :shock:

haha seriously mate,my beard is very similar to african americans and that's why I'm still trying to combat those ingrown hairs :cry:

That reminds of the time I was talking to Peter (pbroddi) about black men and their different shaving needs (apparently "bumps" are more common, so men with african-type hair do a lot better with DE / straight shaving over cartridge / electric). Anyway, as I am about the whitest man I know (in colour and culture) I was out of my depth and suggested that Peter take a look at the B&B group called "dark skin".

He did and reported back to me that instead of being for African-American wet shavers ("brothers" was his word) it was, in fact, for site users who set their website "skin" (user interface screen preferences) to a darker palette. I was heartily embarassed. I think I shall stick to things that I know about in future.

Gosh, and here's me trying to cut down on the chemicals in what I apply to my skin. Gues this is one "appliance of science" I'll leave to you young, trendy metrosexuals. :oops:

JohnnyO.

Rev-O said:
He did and reported back to me that instead of being for African-American wet shavers ("brothers" was his word) it was, in fact, for site users who set their website "skin" (user interface screen preferences) to a darker palette. I was heartily embarassed. I think I shall stick to things that I know about in future.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

hunnymonster said:
Anyone remember the hoopla around this hair growth product (can't even remember the name now) that supposedly was scientifically independently proven to work -- only later to be retracted since the conclusions were based on a faulty interpretation of the results?

Rogaine? Minoxidil?

Never paid much attention to them myself - I prefer saving the cash I'd otherwise spend on hair care elsewhere :mrgreen: never mind paying extra to maybe grow it and have to care for it.

just got my email from dan

Dear "Scent Tester",

At long last, The Bluebeards Revenge™ Luxury Shaving Cream has been released and we will be desptaching a tub of it to you as promised, so expect it in the post in the next few days. You can also use the following coupon code:

BBR10

to get 10% off The Bluebeards Revenge™ on The Shaving Shack website until August 1st 2010. Use it to introduce your friends and family to the Bluebeards brand - <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluebeards-revenge.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.bluebeards-revenge.co.uk</a><!-- w -->.

Again, thank you for your input with creating this unique shaving cream!

Dan

The Shaving Shack
Global House
Richmond Place
Lee Mill
PL21 9RL

bloody nice bloke dan as well....wish they were all like him

Cool! :cool: Does that mean I'll get a free tub too? So N1vlo, I take it you tested the two samples. Which did you like best? Was it the one chosen or don't you know?

it was actually the one i chose...not a smell you could lay yer finger on but lathered fine and very comfortable

dont know about the free tub...but hey yer never know

n1vlo said:
it was actually the one i chose...not a smell you could lay yer finger on but lathered fine and very comfortable

dont know about the free tub...but hey yer never know

Just checked my old email and I too had that message. Looking forward to trying it again. Mrs PC said it smelled of teenager's shower gel but I quite liked it. :roll:

henkverhaar said:
hunnymonster said:
Anyone remember the hoopla around this hair growth product (can't even remember the name now) that supposedly was scientifically independently proven to work -- only later to be retracted since the conclusions were based on a faulty interpretation of the results?

Rogaine? Minoxidil?

Never paid much attention to them myself - I prefer saving the cash I'd otherwise spend on hair care elsewhere :mrgreen: never mind paying extra to maybe grow it and have to care for it.

WTF. How did this message end up under my name? ;-) I'm pretty sure (actually damn sure, unless I am developing an acute case of Alzheimers) that I did not write this. An my original reply is gone.... Well I can guess what happened technically - I just hope it wasn't intentional :-(

oops - It seems I edited your message rather than quoting it :oops: the perils of having one's finger on the button :(

I blame the useless twunts (it's a portmanteau word) at fBfT did a "transparent upgrade" to the aggregation point that my DSL passes through last evening and as a result I was back on 43.2kbps GPRS this morning :x

Hi everyone, apologies for the delay in joining this forum!

The Bluebeards Revenge is aimed at those with tough stubble but at the core of it is a very competent luxury shaving cream. We're hoping to convert the people who find it a chore into wet shavers who start to enjoy the whole experience, as the majority of us here now do.

The chemical structures of Lauryl Isoquinolinium Bromide (LIB) and of the three oestrogens (oestriol, oestradiol and oestrone) are quite different so LIB is not acting as an oestrogen-mimic. The active which inhibits the hair growth does not irreversibly affect the hair growth cycle. Decelerine acts in a way so that there is hair growth but it gets progressively slower whilst application of a product containing Decelerine is on the skin. If the user of a product containing Decelerine stops using it, the normal hair growth speed, particular to each individual, will progressively take place again with time. Not only that it has moisturising and skin soothing properties.

Dan
The Shaving Shack

I was very interested when I first saw this as I think it's a very interesting development. Reduced beard growth could be beneficial to a lot of men who have stubborn beards. Many folks struggle to go across/against the grain when shaving due to beard resistance and others use blades that are sharper but leave redness. I would be interested to hear from someone who has used this for long enough to see if it actually works. Of course the problem is that, if it does work well, then you would be stuck with one type of shaving cream to use for ever!

Back
Top Bottom