The Ashes

Fido said:
So you want us to lose this match?

I've been around too long to assume anything. Right now the pitch looks too good for a result.

No, not at all. I don't even want a draw, I want us to win. But I would enjoy seeing Durham going from minor counties to seeing England winning the ashes at Chester-le-Street.

I was there today.
Had a fun day, but wasn't the most riveting days cricket.

I expect England to avoid the follow on bit only just. Australia will put us back in tomorrow evening for a few overs then spend all day Monday trying to get us out.
We may not need the weather.

The crowd seemed happy and noisy on TV. I saw the lot looking over the top of a book I read during play. I did take a break during an early evening meal - carried on listening to the radio. Sad. But fun.

I had TMS on all day while pottering in the garden. TMS was probably more interesting than the cricket. I think we will stretch this to a draw, we can't win from here, but I'm not sure the Aussies can either, unless they get the follow on, and bowl us out again quickly.

Fido said:
Such a pity that rain denied the Ausssies the chance to keep alive their Ashes winning hopes. Honest.

I think it was a shame that the weather denied a result. I also think that the Aussies are so low on confidence that they blew it. They had their chance to declare earlier and go for a win, but they didn't take it. I would like to think that given the same situation that Aussie were in yesterday England would have had the confidence in their attack to knock them over and secure a win.

I guess their prize now is a chance of squaring the series.

I still think winning the Ashes 4 1/2 to 1/2 is a result to aim for - I hope they don't consider these last 2 tests to be dead rubbers.

Ratty

Ratty said:
I still think winning the Ashes 4 1/2 to 1/2 is a result to aim for - I hope they don't consider these last 2 tests to be dead rubbers.

Ratty

Dead rubbers? Not with the number of Johnnies in the England side.

Back
Top Bottom