Thanks and newbie advice!

Hi

Just to say thanks for all your help on here. Having being DE shaving for 2 months now and getting better by the day I think!

Have tried a few creams (TOBS, Trumpers and Real Shave co) but only 1 soap (boots in a black bowl). Believe it or not though out of all of them I think my fav one is the boots soap!!! Cheapest but seem to be able to get the best lather out of it! Might be due to me only using the WS brush so far though. Thought I would prefer cream as well!

I started on the Boots DE razor which was great to start with but last week got the Parkers 98r (imho a really nice looking razor and seems to work well for the price. Feels very impressive to!).

I found the boots blades great to learn with and would recommend them. Got some free feathers with the Parker and boy are they sharp, cut my finger just loading the razor!!! lol. Only used for 1 shave though as they gave a really close shave but felt I wasn't quite ready for them just yet!

My tips of advise for any newbies would be:

Dont chop and change things to much to start with and if you do change something only change 1 thing at a time. (ie if you get a new razor stick with blades you know.

Dont try to go against the grain to early! (very bloody!)

Invest in a sypetic pencil! Best pound I have ever spent! (although have to use it less and less now!)

Keep at it, lathering does get easier!

Watch all of Mantic's videos on you tube.

But my number 1 tip would be dont press to hard let the razor do the work!!! Can't quite work it out but the less pressure you apply the closer the shave seems to be.

Cheers

Shaun

Back
Top Bottom