Temporarily back to DEs?

Bein ever the klutz as usual, I now fecked up another finger good and proper (not with shaving gear like last time, but with a kitchen knife), my right index finger has a good 3cm laceration going diagonally from the top joint to the last joint. It's not pretty, about 3mm deep, I fecking bled like a pig. (fingers are very vascularised like that!), but I think I severed some nerves, as I feel no pain! (Yeah)

I was going to get stiches, but that's for girls, I got my friend/collegue to use "steristrips", in the hope it works. ;)
(I have enough medical supplies to start my own hospital, including stitches, IV equipment etc..)

Bad news is, I don't think I'll be able to hold a straight for the next couple of weeks (can't bend my finger).

So either I grow a beard, or I go back to DEs for a little bit... :oops:

Ah well, such is life... :roll:

Max

P.s. I took pics for posterity, but the camera decided to play up, and now my finger is bandaged :(

hunnymonster said:
FrenchBlade said:
... to use "steristrips", in the hope it works. ;)

They do work, but if there's too much ooze they can get stuck to the scab on the wound.
I've used the stuff in the past with good results, and to be honest, I didn't have injectable lidocaine on hand to do proper stitches. (only cream)
(and the only way you'll get me in A&E is either by offering me a job there, or taking me in an ambulance)
scottymac said:
Max should you be around sharp objects :lol: :lol:
Probably not... :? :?

Max

You mean you can't straight shave with the other hand?

Edit: Indeed,

use super glue (isocyanacrylate) to adhere the wound edge together. Not inside the wound, you need another type of CA for that.

Yep, superglue is pretty good, ideally the thick stuff which comes with a can of accelerator. Don't ask me how I know this.

That does sound like a nasty one as these things go Max, and yes there's a fair chance you've damaged some nerves. A drill bit broke on me a long time since and went through the side of my index finger, and I haven't felt a thing there since. Bit of a mixed blessing, that.

Ok, next on my shopping list, derma-bond and lidocaine.

I just checked, the skin glue we used in A&E was not derma-bond, since ours had a very limited shelf life and needed to be kept in a fridge.
(Derma-bond apparently doesn't, and has a shelf life of 2 years)

Father Ted, I'm used to being practiced on by students and professionals alike, I have a high pain threshold :p

And minor update, nerve damage seems to be minimal, it's starting to hurt a bit...

Max

edit: just checked prices of dermabond online.. feck that for a game of soldiers!

"The revenge of the buyer"

FrenchBlade said:
So either I grow a beard, or I go back to DEs for a little bit... :oops:
No problem, I'm confident we can sort you out quick with a few reasonably priced razors. :mrgreen: :lol:
PM me, I have a nice range of about 35 DEs now, there will surely be something that will fit your budget. :shock:

There's another member here that does car boots and antique fares occasionally, his handle is sunburyboy93, you can PM him as well, he'll fix you real quick as well... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom