I understand all that you've said and agree to a point but the same could be said regarding top money cars v less expensive one's.
I've let some high price razors well alone only to wish I had pulled the trigger later, the Hone Ti for example.

Paul.
Yep, we're basically in tune here except, for example, the Hone Ti was still about half or less than the price of the Tedalus. I had an SS Hone and it was ok. Now about the car analogy...again you're right. We have the Hybrid Volvo V60 and it's a gorgeous car that goes like hot black stink. Seriously quick when you put your foot into it. We got it because to us it's so damn good-looking and does everything we wanted in a luxury car. It's also my wife's car. I get to drive it on occasion. Now my car is a 2019 Kia Soul EX+...I love this thing and it's inexpensive to look after as well. It's one of, if not the best car I've ever owned and I sold cars for over 25 years so I got to know just about everything on the road...in Canada.
My point being, it's what moves you, no one else. As much as I really like the looks, for me, it won't shave any better than any of the dozen razors I already have...some of which are reasonably pricey. The Lambda Athena is one of the most beautiful razors I've ever seen and the price was such that I bought it immediately. It also shaves as good as it looks.
Anyway, I hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of the Holiday Season and my best wishes to all and your families.:D

I've always said that the obscenely rich should have a mechanism to dispose of their income. This razor fulfills that ideal. Pretty much guaranteed you can get a better shave with something very much cheaper, but that's not the point. A £20 Casio will be more accurate than a Rolex SubMariner, but if you're filthy rich, you want to buy ultimate luxury that the little people won't be able to buy...

I've always said that the obscenely rich should have a mechanism to dispose of their income. This razor fulfills that ideal. Pretty much guaranteed you can get a better shave with something very much cheaper, but that's not the point. A £20 Casio will be more accurate than a Rolex SubMariner, but if you're filthy rich, you want to buy ultimate luxury that the little people won't be able to buy...
maybe the obscenely rich use a mach3 or go to the barber or have a personal barber … :)

Back
Top Bottom