Taylors witness 1000 finished.

Well I finally finished the vintage Taylors 1000, the scales were beyond saving and the blade was in fairly bad shape, so a fair amount of hand sanding with wet & dry and all the laborious effort needed to bring the blade back to a fairly good level, so on to the scales, I went with a set from the invisable edge, lots of nervous anticipation waiting thinking did I choose the right set the right colour, well after I finished I needn't have worried they look just fine, well it's your turn to pass judgement and decide if they are your cup of tea, hope you approve.

Jamie.

Taylors1000008.jpg

Taylors1000009.jpg

Taylors1000006.jpg

Taylors1000007.jpg

Taylors1000005.jpg

Taylors1000004.jpg

Cheers Nic, regarding the other thread about honing stones I decide to purchase the King 8000 stone including the Nagura stone, I already have the 1000 6000 combi king stone I feel comfortable using that stone and my head was starting to hurt after reading about honing and whetstones.

Regards
Jamie.

pugh-the-special-one said:
Well I finally finished the vintage Taylors 1000, the scales were beyond saving and the blade was in fairly bad shape, so a fair amount of hand sanding with wet & dry and all the laborious effort needed to bring the blade back to a fairly good level, so on to the scales, I went with a set from the invisable edge, lots of nervous anticipation waiting thinking did I choose the right set the right colour, well after I finished I needn't have worried they look just fine, well it's your turn to pass judgement and decide if they are your cup of tea, hope you approve.

Jamie.

Taylors1000008.jpg

Taylors1000009.jpg

Taylors1000006.jpg

Taylors1000007.jpg

Taylors1000005.jpg

Taylors1000004.jpg

Well, I think that is bloody awful, it looks cheap and nasty:icon_rolleyes:.......................NOT, it's awsome, well done.

Thanks Steve glad you approve, I hope to add more restorations, and hopefully I can improve with each one.

Jamie.

Exile said:
Well done Jamie.

Get her honed up and have a shave and report back.

Thanks a lot Graham, always nice to take a compliment.

Regards
Jamie

Back
Top Bottom